• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Olympic Promo photos of Lindsey Vonn

mondeo

Get used to seeing ALOT more photos of Lindsey in 2010 promo stuff for NBC in the coming months, since at this moment in time she IS argueably the premier female athlete that will be heading to the olympics for the entire US olympic team, and I'm not just talking ski team. Add in Shaun White and now you're likely talking the 2 most heavily used US athletes to market the games in the coming months, and I know who of those 2 I'd rather look at ;) :flag:
Don't forget about Hannah Teter and Gretchen Bleiler. ;)

drjeff

True, but I think that atleast with Hannah Teter, her marketing won't be as mainstream as Lindsey's do to her less "all american girl imagine." Bleiler could get close in some aspects, but Lindsey + her MARRIED, 2 time defending World Cup Overall Champion will likely get as much NBC promo marketing as whatever 15 year old 87lb US girl is our best ice skater. :rolleyes:

Also, I think that Bleiler and Teter's marketing will "suffer" a bit from the fact that hands down, Shaun White will garner the lions share of the "extreme" sport marketing for the Olympics, and while probably not quite as much pre olympic promo for him as Phelps got pre-Beijing, we'll be seeing alot of that red hair I'd imagine.

Rambo

LOS ANGELES, CA - MAY 13: Snowboarder Hannah Teter poses for a portrait during the NBC/USOC Promotional Photo Shoot on May 13, 2009 at Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles, California.

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Rambo

LOS ANGELES, CA - MAY 13: Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler poses for a portrait during the NBC/USOC Promotional Photo Shoot on May 13, 2009 at Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles, California.

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

mondeo

The other aspect is that Vonn's promos will be more important to her sport than the other athletes'. Figure skating just takes advantage of the existing popularity of the sport, Shaun White is an exceptional athlete, but snowboarding would get good coverage anyways, while Vonn, being young, attractive, and successful in a sport with fading popularity could have more of a Phelps/Woods effect. Not to the same degree that those two have, but it will help out ski racing some. It would be cool if Bloom got back into medal contention level skiing before the Olympics, he's got a story with the whole skiing to football back to skiing thing that could play well.

SkiDork

not to burst anyones bubble... but I will..

Mogul skiing????

Lets all get behind the Mens favorite... P-Diddy, AKA Patrick Deneen

BumpHoriSTORY.jpg

If my wife says its OK, then Yes!

wrong answer...

anyway is it bad for me to want to be with a skier-chick whose almost as good of a skier as me???? It might be tough on the ego to be with such a great skier..lol..HighWayStar doesn't have to worry about that because there are only a few skiers better than him in the Killington social scene..oh well...back to parking lot pimping at the Bowling Alley..

mondeo

wrong answer...

anyway is it bad for me to want to be with a skier-chick whose almost as good of a skier as me???? It might be tough on the ego to be with such a great skier..lol..HighWayStar doesn't have to worry about that because there are only a few skiers better than him in the Killington social scene..oh well...back to parking lot pimping at the Bowling Alley..
My dream girl is better than me in every way. I judge myself relative to the population, I strive to be as good as particular individuals. Not being as good a skier as Kearney or Vonn says nothing about you as a skier, because it's true for 99.999972% of the population.

If you're ego's that fragile that it can't handle being around exceptional people, I feel sorry for you.

drjeff

My dream girl is better than me in every way. I judge myself relative to the population, I strive to be as good as particular individuals. Not being as good a skier as Kearney or Vonn says nothing about you as a skier, because it's true for 99.999972% of the population.

If you're ego's that fragile that it can't handle being around exceptional people, I feel sorry for you.

Just think, with a dream girl that's a really good racer, you'd get to stare at her behind all wrapped up in a GS suit the entire way down the hill (if you could keep up) ;) :)