• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay: Golf Course Open... Hikers Didn't Get the Memo

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Jay brings marketing genius to a new level with their latest email blast. A postcard format ad titled Jay Peak Golf Course Now Open stating "Apparently, the hikers on Stateside didn't get the memo." with an awesome shot of Jay Peak from the golf course featuring a nearly top to bottom covered Jet and Haynes. Having been one of those hikers that has not gotten the memo in the past, I can appreciate that.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I seriously like the ad!!! No joking, no fooling. Thought it was a great follow up to Jay's last much discussed ad. I think I have historically included a slew of emoticons when I have been sarcastic in the past. No winkies or rollies in this post.

Or to put it in a way that GSS might understand, that post was totally fo-rizzle, yo.

drjeff

Ahh yes, Riv responding positively to GOLF advertising from Jay Peak when there's still hikable snow in the Northeast. Just another sign that golf is very rapidly becoming an addiction for him! :lol: :) ;) :lol:

kcyanks1

Ahh yes, Riv responding positively to GOLF advertising from Jay Peak when there's still hikable snow in the Northeast. Just another sign that golf is very rapidly becoming an addiction for him! :lol: :) ;) :lol:

Steve, wasn't the whole reason you liked the ad that it alluded to hiking for skiing?

Geoff

Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either. Sorry.

I remember the golf promo video clip Steve put together when he was working at Killington. It's been a while but I seem to recall that his club selection for his shots was pretty funny. Not quite Bill Murray with a weed whacker going after the flower bed funny but one of the more entertaining clips to make the local Killington resort channel. Too much baseball, I guess.

BigJay

Yeah, there is still some real fun to be had at Jay!

Haynes and Jet still have great coverage... Can-Am will be out within 2 days... but people skied on it last week... Exhibition still has loads of snow on it... but a big climb and walk down compare to Haynes and Jet!

You can ride almost 2/3 down on the jet still!

So yeah, there is still tons of fun to be had up here including miles and miles of singletrack!

Yeah, there is still some real fun to be had at Jay!

Haynes and Jet still have great coverage... Can-Am will be out within 2 days... but people skied on it last week... Exhibition still has loads of snow on it... but a big climb and walk down compare to Haynes and Jet!

So yeah, there is still tons of fun to be had up here including miles and miles of singletrack!

So Jay Peak allows people to earn turns...you hear that Sugarbush???

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
I remember the golf promo video clip Steve put together when he was working at Killington. It's been a while but I seem to recall that his club selection for his shots was pretty funny. Not quite Bill Murray with a weed whacker going after the flower bed funny but one of the more entertaining clips to make the local Killington resort channel. Too much baseball, I guess.

I had almost forgotten about that video. Classic sw.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Actually, I was responding positively to the aspect that they mentioned skiing (earned turn style) in a golf ad. I'm skiing (not golfing) this coming weekend. Not at Jay though.

BigJay

So Jay Peak allows people to earn turns...you hear that Sugarbush???

There is no "on-mountain" operation at Jay Peak right now... Stateside is clear and by itself far from construction... I don't see why it couldn't be allowed... If you don't let the locals walk on the mountain through summer, how do you expect to get the woods clean???

I'm tempted to get out there next weekend if the Jet holds up... May 23-24th... would be a personnal record... Last year i was out on May 19th with a Jet still rideable pass the mid-section traverse...

yeah, there is still some real fun to be had at jay!

Haynes and jet still have great coverage... Can-am will be out within 2 days... But people skied on it last week... Exhibition still has loads of snow on it... But a big climb and walk down compare to haynes and jet!

pictures please!!!!!