The carnage thread - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    I figured I would post this up here at it seems appropriate...

Been in the hospital for 4 days with cellulitis. Now, how does this relate to biking?

It appears the source of said infection is from a wound I got while riding FOMBA 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it has only flared up this week.

The upside, I was able to ride a lot between then and now.

The downside, well....being in the hospital for 4 days with no real end in sight. I miss biking. It's making me crazy. And the weather the past 4 days has been absolutely spectacular.

At least I have my laptop and I can finally check up on the forums. (the two nass videos from yesterday and Riveroil's Tucks review have helped a ton)
    Are you feeling any better? I hope you're out of the hospital by now at least???
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Are you feeling any better? I hope you're out of the hospital by now at least???
    Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, good news and bad news come together.

The good news: I am out of the hospital. I got out last Thursday and I have all my body parts intact. (which, surprisingly was a concern going in)

The bad news: I am unable to ride or do anything "strenuous" for around a month. The short version is, to diagnose the issue, they operated. It revealed nothing and now I have this gaping hole in my leg. Pretty gross.

Hopefully I can get back in the saddle for August. Right now I am just taking my time, hitting the gym to do light weight lifting. Having an injury on your leg sucks since so much cardio involves your lower extremities.

I see the surgeon again on Wednesday. He better have good news...even if it is that I have to keep my riding to bike paths and double track, I'll take it.

At least you're out of the hospital and moving forward.

I hear you about the leg injury, my wife had to have back surgery for a pinched nerve almost a couple of months ago and she still can't even feel her whole leg, let alone have full use of it.

Keep at it, you'll get back on the saddle before you know it!
    Brian

At least you're out of the hospital and moving forward.

I hear you about the leg injury, my wife had to have back surgery for a pinched nerve almost a couple of months ago and she still can't even feel her whole leg, let alone have full use of it.

Keep at it, you'll get back on the saddle before you know it!
    Jesus...I hope she is ok.

You are right...I have to remember to "keep the chin up" as they say.

Blew up my front derailleur shifter during tonight's ride. Small inconvenience compared to what happened to Bvibert!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Blew up my front derailleur shifter during tonight's ride. Small inconvenience compared to what happened to Bvibert!
    What happened to Bvibert, another frame?

Nope, just blew up another freehub. To add insult to injury I got a flat front tire on the way out...
    Brian

Nope, just blew up another freehub. To add insult to injury I got a flat front tire on the way out...
    Weren't you saying the freehub was about to go at the beginning of the year? You did get a couple hundred miles out of it!

Got kicked while you were down with the flat tire!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Weren't you saying the freehub was about to go at the beginning of the year? You did get a couple hundred miles out of it!

Got kicked while you were down with the flat tire!
    This is the second freehub that I've blown up so far this season...
    Brian

To add insult to injury I got a flat front tire on the way out...
    Was wondering what happened to you. Were you able to get the part you needed last night?
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Thread Information