• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The carnage thread

bvibert

Staff member
Front fork, ended up being sent back to Fox, hopefully will see it in a few weeks.

Until then I'll be keeping it real on this again!
IMAG0026.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks familiar...

o3jeff

Going to try out the Spez today on the trails of Case, plan on doing some loops close to the lot in case it needs to be walked back! Also will need to pick up some rim brake shoes if it's going to be my main ride for a few weeks.

This should be interesting/fun!

bvibert

Staff member
Going to try out the Spez today on the trails of Case, plan on doing some loops close to the lot in case it needs to be walked back! Also will need to pick up some rim brake shoes if it's going to be my main ride for a few weeks.

This should be interesting/fun!

You'll do fine, enjoy!

o3jeff

Now that I just talked to the shop and know what the problem is. I brought the bike in since I was getting a lot of creaking in the head tube area, we figured remove and check the bearing. They did that and reassembled and still creaked, Giant said replace bearings, tried that and still creaked. Shop decided it was probably not the bearings at this point and swapped the fork with another bike on the floor, creaking stopped. Talked to Fox and they think on of the stanchions either loosen up or wasn't pressed properly and to send it back for them to look at. Sounds like they will replace the crown and stanchions.

The good of this is I get a free rebuild, bad is that I'm out the bike for probably 3 weeks!

bvibert

Staff member
Now that I just talked to the shop and know what the problem is. I brought the bike in since I was getting a lot of creaking in the head tube area, we figured remove and check the bearing. They did that and reassembled and still creaked, Giant said replace bearings, tried that and still creaked. Shop decided it was probably not the bearings at this point and swapped the fork with another bike on the floor, creaking stopped. Talked to Fox and they think on of the stanchions either loosen up or wasn't pressed properly and to send it back for them to look at. Sounds like they will replace the crown and stanchions.

The good of this is I get a free rebuild, bad is that I'm out the bike for probably 3 weeks!

At least they're taking care of you. Riding the HT will give you character, so not all is lost. ;)

Grassi21

Went OTB at stone road the other day...Hope My tat isnt all FD up after the wounds heal

picture.php

Steveo

Yikes. I had a few small scratches on a tat that healed fine. Hope you have similar results.

bvibert

Staff member
Add two busted spokes to my list. :-? Not a super big deal, but I'm pretty disappointed since the wheels only have around 300 miles on them. I've been checking the tension regularly and it's seemed to stay pretty even since I retensioned before even using them. I guess I either didn't do a good of a job as I thought, they're shitty wheels, or I'm just really hard on rear wheels.

Luckily I have a backup wheel set, so I can roll that until I get to the bike shop to pick up some more spokes...

WoodCore

Nicely done!! Huge kudos for finishing the ride....:beer:

powpig2002

no picture but.... started ride yesterday, looked over shoulder for dog ,went down slowly, EXTREME pain in right ankle. limped it off (x-marine) rode 3 miles. went to er this am, fracture of right fib. at 55 ask myself " am i too old for this shiiiit?" i have until oct. to finish single speed. broke same ankle 4 yrs. ago in atv accident. WTF ?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
no picture but.... started ride yesterday, looked over shoulder for dog ,went down slowly, EXTREME pain in right ankle. limped it off (x-marine) rode 3 miles. went to er this am, fracture of right fib. at 55 ask myself " am i too old for this shiiiit?" i have until oct. to finish single speed. broke same ankle 4 yrs. ago in atv accident. WTF ?

Yeouch. Hope it heals quickly!

bvibert

Staff member

That doesn't sound good! I hope it heals up soon...

BackLoafRiver

Jesus Terry, you ok?!? Hope it heals up fast. Sorry to hear about it. Where were you riding?