The carnage thread - Page 32

AlpineZone

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I think it depends on the depth of the gouge. I'm no expert though. It's probably worth the piece of mind to bring it into the LBS to let them take a look.
    Brought it in yesterday. Apparently it isn't big enough to cause failure but it was good to notice. He wasn't sure it would get bigger but advised me to keep an eye on it.

He did, however, pick up on an issue with my reverb lever. For whatever reason, the post wasn't returning to the up position despite depressing the lever. He thought it needed a bleed but that didn't solve it. Ended up replacing the whole assembly (lever, hose, etc) but only charging for the hose. He's going to contact SRAM and see if they warranty it but, regardless, he replaced it.

Here's to hoping today's weather clears up so I can get out for a bit later

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Brought it in yesterday. Apparently it isn't big enough to cause failure but it was good to notice. He wasn't sure it would get bigger but advised me to keep an eye on it.

He did, however, pick up on an issue with my reverb lever. For whatever reason, the post wasn't returning to the up position despite depressing the lever. He thought it needed a bleed but that didn't solve it. Ended up replacing the whole assembly (lever, hose, etc) but only charging for the hose. He's going to contact SRAM and see if they warranty it but, regardless, he replaced it.

Here's to hoping today's weather clears up so I can get out for a bit later

I'm glad the gouges weren't that big of an issue! Also cool that you got Reverb fixed while you were there.
    Brian

I almost forgot to post this. Another rear hub bites the big one.

This is the first time I've broken an axle..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Brian

I almost forgot to post this. Another rear hub bites the big one.

This is the first time I've broken an axle..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I feel like there is a story behind it. Massive hit? What number hub is this for you? Do you have a spare?

Sorry buddy. That blows.

I feel like there is a story behind it. Massive hit? What number hub is this for you? Do you have a spare?

Sorry buddy. That blows.
    No big hits. I took the rear wheel off to do some maintenance and the cassette/freehub fell off when I put the wheel down. I found it last Wednesday, but I don't know how long it was cracked before that since it was held together by the through axle. The freehub body also shows signs of wear indicating that it was flexing under load. I have a replacement axle on the way, but it's not looking too good for me to get in my Thursday ride again this week either. The new axle is the short term solution, I'm in the market for yet another new rear hub.
    Brian

I've got a set of DT Swiss 350 built to a set of WTB i23 rims (27.5) just collecting dust. Too lazy to post them online.

No big hits. I took the rear wheel off to do some maintenance and the cassette/freehub fell off when I put the wheel down. I found it last Wednesday, but I don't know how long it was cracked before that since it was held together by the through axle. The freehub body also shows signs of wear indicating that it was flexing under load. I have a replacement axle on the way, but it's not looking too good for me to get in my Thursday ride again this week either. The new axle is the short term solution, I'm in the market for yet another new rear hub.
    I thought I was tough on shit. We all know road biking is way cheaper. Right?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I thought I was tough on shit. We all know road biking is way cheaper. Right?
    That may be, but I don't look good in spandex.
    Brian

I've got a set of DT Swiss 350 built to a set of WTB i23 rims (27.5) just collecting dust. Too lazy to post them online.

If you're looking to sell I might be interested!
    Brian

That may be, but I don't look good in spandex.
    that is true for both of us.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information