• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The carnage thread

BackLoafRiver

Just sent PayPal this morning for Mach 6. I know not right thread but there will some type of carnage eventually.
attachment.php

Dead....sexy!!!!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bvibert

Staff member
I heard red makes a bike faster too.

It's actually blue, which is even faster!

specialized-stumpy-comp-miv1.jpg

Just got a call that the frame is at the LBS. They're waiting on a BB to install for me before I can get it, and I'm waiting on a boat load of parts to come in next week, then I can start building it up!

o3jeff

It's actually blue, which is even faster!

specialized-stumpy-comp-miv1.jpg

Just got a call that the frame is at the LBS. They're waiting on a BB to install for me before I can get it, and I'm waiting on a boat load of parts to come in next week, then I can start building it up!

I can confirm that a blue bike doesn't make you fast! Same color as the bike in my basement collecting dust.

BackLoafRiver

...it was all going so well.

Riding at Sugarloaf today. 12.5 miles in, climbing to the Stratton Brooke Hut.

.7 miles from the top, something slices the sidewall of my tire. All the sealant escaped, no way to fix it. Had to hike up to the top, then down the other side (fire road) approx 3 miles down until I met a stranger with a truck who took me the rest of the way. (4 more miles)

To top it off, I can't find tubeless High Roller II's in stock anywhere. Local shop says there is a huge shortage and they won't be around for at least another 3 weeks.

bvibert

Staff member
...it was all going so well.

Riding at Sugarloaf today. 12.5 miles in, climbing to the Stratton Brooke Hut.

.7 miles from the top, something slices the sidewall of my tire. All the sealant escaped, no way to fix it. Had to hike up to the top, then down the other side (fire road) approx 3 miles down until I met a stranger with a truck who took me the rest of the way. (4 more miles)

To top it off, I can't find tubeless High Roller II's in stock anywhere. Local shop says there is a huge shortage and they won't be around for at least another 3 weeks.
That sucks!

You're on 27.5 wheels, right? Price Point had several different versions of the High Roller II in stock (and on sale right now). They'll take a week to get here though. I ordered some for my new build last week.

BackLoafRiver

That sucks!

You're on 27.5 wheels, right? Price Point had several different versions of the High Roller II in stock (and on sale right now). They'll take a week to get here though. I ordered some for my new build last week.

Yeah, they have a 2.3 tubeless but I was looking for the 2.4 exo 3c's. The shop can't order them for quite some time (another 2 weeks) so, in the mean time, I ended up putting a 2.4 ardent on the front and took it out today. Seems less grippy than my HR's.

What did you end up going with?

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, they have a 2.3 tubeless but I was looking for the 2.4 exo 3c's. The shop can't order them for quite some time (another 2 weeks) so, in the mean time, I ended up putting a 2.4 ardent on the front and took it out today. Seems less grippy than my HR's.

What did you end up going with?

I got the 2.3 DC EXO TR.

bvibert

Staff member
Stopped by the lbs after work today and got a peak at my new frame. The blue is REALLY blue, looks awesome! They're waiting on a bb to press in for me, then I can take it home!

Puck it

Just took a good one about 30minutes ago. Nothing broke or hurt. Coming down a downhill with a lot of rocks before a steep climb out into a parking lot. I got too close to side of trail to avoid some bigger rocks. I got snagged by some grape vines and they did not let go. Took the handlebar and I went down in a heap doing about 15mph. Luckily I had gotten by all of the bigger rocks.

bvibert

Staff member
Let the build begin! Okay, so that's about all the parts I have so far. I was still like a kid at Christmas though!
uploadfromtaptalk1441840383755.jpg

BackLoafRiver

I'm looking to upgrade my fork and that is on the very short list. The Float 34 is not cutting it for me. Let me know how she rides!