• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Memorial Day Weekend and A-Basin & Mammoth going strong

Rambo

A-Basin

http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/snow-conditions/web-cams.aspx

abasincam1.jpg

abasincam2.jpg

abasincam3.jpg

Mammoth

http://www.mammothmountain.com/WebCams/MainCam/

snoseek

I was up at the basin yesterday (and again tomorow) and while the skiing was damn good it's amazing the snow that melted this week. We are now pretty much down to intermediate terrain with very few bumps and just a couple short tree shots. I hoping to get in a day at Mammoth in a couple of weeks as I'll be staying in Tahoe for the week. Or I may just ski a couple more times this week and move on (except for a little b.c.)

jerryg

I was up at the basin yesterday (and again tomorow) and while the skiing was damn good it's amazing the snow that melted this week. We are now pretty much down to intermediate terrain with very few bumps and just a couple short tree shots. I hoping to get in a day at Mammoth in a couple of weeks as I'll be staying in Tahoe for the week. Or I may just ski a couple more times this week and move on (except for a little b.c.)

If you don't want to drive 3 hours to Mammoth, you could always hike up Mt. Talloc. Should be lots of snow left up there.

snoseek

If you don't want to drive 3 hours to Mammoth, you could always hike up Mt. Talloc. Should be lots of snow left up there.

Good point, I planned on doing that hike anyways. We are camping right near there @ fallen leaf lake. I think the trailhead is nearby the campground. I am bringing the dog (and g.f.) with me so we plan on hiking pretty much every day for ten days.

jerryg

Good point, I planned on doing that hike anyways. We are camping right near there @ fallen leaf lake. I think the trailhead is nearby the campground. I am bringing the dog (and g.f.) with me so we plan on hiking pretty much every day for ten days.

There's also some serious backcountry by Emerald Bay between South Lake and Tahoe City. Not as much elevation, but lots of trails tons of terrain.