• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Just bought my season ticket for '09-'10 at Belleayre

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
Here it is - the "official" beginning of summer - Memorial Day Weekend - and I just purchased my "family pack" season ticket for skiing this coming December '09 - Spring '10. We will be hitting Belleayre almost exactly six months from today, on December 23rd. I might get up there on some weekend before that date, but the entire family usually doesn't start until school is out for the holiday vacation.

I bought the season ticket today because season ticket holders from this past season get a 20% discount for purchasing before Memorial Day. This is new. That brings the price from $1610 to $1286. We were forced to pay $1610 last year because of the financial problems that delayed the 2008-2009 pre-season planning for Belleayre. For the previous season we got a 10% discount for ordering before Labor Day, which is available this year also. That option didn't happen last season because of all those financial woes. I am a little worried that Belleayre might have to pull back operations this coming winter because of the same financial problems. But last winter seemed not curtailed at all in our experience, so hopefully they will hold it all together.

So here I sit, thinking about the summer, thinking about the beach, thinking about winter and mountains and snow. I really can't complain.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! And to the military and former military people, thanks! :beer:

Bandit2941

Hey Thinnman,

I went up yesterday for the rail jam and party, picked up my season pass as well. It was a fun time, I brought my skis and boots up and made 3 runs. They had a few hundred yards of snow and 3 rails set up. skidbump was there too......

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
Sounds like you have some free time on your hands ! ;) Have a great summer and see you in December!

Times like this I can close my eyes and feel the pleasure of cold wind in my face and really even sense my leg muscles setting an edge.... even though the beer and BBQ is calling my name on this hot & humid Sunday

Hey Thinnman,

I went up yesterday for the rail jam and party, picked up my season pass as well. It was a fun time, I brought my skis and boots up and made 3 runs. They had a few hundred yards of snow and 3 rails set up. skidbump was there too......

Rambo

Any more news on the Highmount extension?

I think the expansion over to the old Highmount ski area is not being considered at this time because of the New York State budget shortfalls. The Belleayre web site does mention they are completing building a big new maintenance building, so some improvements are being funded, I guess.