• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 6/7/09

bvibert

Staff member
Met up with Greg and got rolling a bit after 6:30am this morning. We hit the cemetery twisties to fat kid climb to cornwall DH to 69er south back to cemetery to the DT leading south along 69 to sessions, b-street to scoville twisties to jug to hinman to johnnycake climb to some slight exploratory trying find and then following the blue yellow to blue white down to hinman's back south to the cars. We finished up right around 11. Greg had the GPS going and said the total was about 15.5 miles. All in all a pretty good ride, though I could have done without the exploratory. We met MLeg from crankfire right when we starting up the JC climb. Nice guy , he rode up to the split where you can go down to the orchard with us and then slit to do his own thing. I pretty sufficiently beat and looking forward to not doing much for the rest of the day. :beer:

Grassi21

I pretty sufficiently beat and looking forward to not doing much for the rest of the day. :beer:

+1

But I plan to start drinking around 3. We are going out to dinner tonight and I want to be sufficiently tuned up for it.

Grassi21

I would be cooked on a 15 miler. I need to get my wind up to hand with you guys.

Greg

Staff member

o3jeff

Good job on getting some mileage in.

Has there been any bear sightings on the 69er or did they move out?

Greg

Staff member
Has there been any bear sightings on the 69er or did they move out?

Haven't heard of any more bear sightings. Probably would be tough now with full leaf cover. Seen a few deer; that's it.

big oz

I have seen the bears chillin down by the Cornwall DH as of late. I came up on one really quick about two days ago and the bear high tailed it out of there pretty quick.

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to bed now. Pretty excited about that.

Trev

I have seen the bears chillin down by the Cornwall DH as of late. I came up on one really quick about two days ago and the bear high tailed it out of there pretty quick.

Kewl... kewl..

WoodCore

Kind of unrelated but did see some bear scat while riding at Upper Paugussett on Saturday.

Greg

Staff member
Kind of unrelated but did see some bear scat while riding at Upper Paugussett on Saturday.

Actually now that you mention it, I saw some on this ride too. Up on Johnnycake. Not sure if it was neared the barbed wire or the electric fence. :lol:

Trev

Is there a gallery for wildlife during excursions..

bvibert

Staff member
Actually now that you mention it, I saw some on this ride too. Up on Johnnycake. Not sure if it was neared the barbed wire or the electric fence. :lol:

It was actually right near some deadfall. ;)

Trev

A bit off topic here but..

While riding Hinman yesterday, what is with all the trees half cut down? I mean... I can see riding in a windy day and getting blind sided by a freaking tree falling...

Greg

Staff member
A bit off topic here but..

While riding Hinman yesterday, what is with all the trees half cut down? I mean... I can see riding in a windy day and getting blind sided by a freaking tree falling...

I've seen this all over Nass. Must be some sort of forest management approach. I've seen a few trees down that have cracked at or near the double "score" marls. Weird.