• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meshomasic - Post Ride BBQ - Sat 06/27

Paul

Okay so after talking it over a bit with Jeff and The Evils (and my Wife, of course) I'm trying to set a date for a AZ get-together MTB ride in the Meshomasic State Forest. Since we live about 2 miles away, we can reconveine at Casa de Pablo for some Grillin' and Schmokin' (food, not y'know, try to keep it semi-Family Friendly) and some Drinkin' natch!

We can use the thread to throw ideas, meeting points etc... around. I'll be riding with my girls so we'll be on the "blue" trails. There is a lot of technical stuff to for Pat to bend his rims on and Powhunter to fall down off of. If you're game, chime-in so I can get some tentative head-counts. We were figuring everyone can go-in potluck style, bring something or, worst-case scenario, there's a Shaw's down the road and a packy even closer :idea:

Also, for anyone who wants to bring the spouses and kids, that's cool too, Wife and I will probably set a time to get back to the house so you can either meet-up there or whatever works.

Meshomasic TR

bvibert

Staff member
This sounds like a good time. Count me and the family as a definite maybe.

2knees

i'd be very interested depending upon work schedules.

powhunter

no can do saturdays....but dont change it too a sunday on my account. but if you did (being a chef) I could probably get some good "deals" at the restaurant on some fat ribeyes and shrimp...

steveo

Grassi21

no can do saturdays....but dont change it too a sunday on my account. but if you did (being a chef) I could probably get some good "deals" at the restaurant on some fat ribeyes and shrimp...

steveo

every one loves a fatty.... mmmmmm

Paul

Just noticed the date, won't be able to make that. Next time...

steveo

Maybe this'll be the trial run, and if all goes well, do a Sunday in July. Can't do the 28th as we have to drop the kid off at Resident Camp that day.

bvibert

Staff member
I guess there's a possibility that Carrie and I will be there sans kids, still working out the details.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Depending on the timing, this might work for us. The kids are going away overnight, it just depends on how early we can send them on their way. ;)

Trev

So are you talking about riding early am, or mid-day then more of a romantic we smell like sweat dinner on the Barbi ?

Are strangers welcomed? :-o

Paul

The only down-side to the Mesh is a lack of a single parking area to meet-up. Of course, that's part of the point of the thread. I'll probably be looking for an 8-ish start and probably won't be out much longer than 3 hours depending on the girls. I may let them call-it and head back, and I can stay out longer. Probably be ready for post-riders around 12-ish or so, then fire the grills etc... and just hang.The less actual structure, the better.

The more the merrirer. Figured it'd be a chace to meet-up with new faces as well as familiar ones.

MRGisevil

GSS should go.

Paul I think you should offer GSS your hospitality so he'll come up. If not, Doug, you can use our guest room.

Hey, where's idiot...I mean Marc. You coming down for this or is the stick shoved so far up your #%$#$@ you can't travel south for fear it will spontaneously combust?

If that happened, I'd buy the copywright on the nickname Assplosion and share the royalties with you.

Grassi21

GSS should go.

Paul I think you should offer GSS your hospitality so he'll come up. If not, Doug, you can use our guest room.

Hey, where's idiot...I mean Marc. You coming down for this or is the stick shoved so far up your #%$#$@ you can't travel south for fear it will spontaneously combust?

If that happened, I'd buy the copywright on the nickname Assplosion and share the royalties with you.

a little early to be hitting the bottle marge.... ;-)