• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Once bitten, twice stupid

ctenidae

You may have heard the story of the guy getting glued to a toilet seat at Home depot.
Apparently, it's a bad habit of his.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4221114,00.html

Now, you'd think that this is one of those stunts you could only pull once. And you'd be right.

Too bad he didn't glue himself to a chainsaw or a semi. Could have Darwined himself and saved a lot of trouble.

Thing is, the HD gluing allegedly happened in 2003. How is he suing now? And how does stupid crap like this make it onto the Today Show? Paragon of journalistic integrity it's not, granted, but come on!

skijay

I believe the guy 8)

I am sure being glued to a toilet seat is a common occurence and happens on a daily basis, but just goes unreported.

When was the last time you were glued to a toilet seat??

Shoud we start a poll?

ctenidae

Seems to me if you're tough enough to not a)check the seat and 2) lay on about 15 layers of TP when using a public toilet, having your butt glued down shouldn't cause too much emotional distress.

Paul

What kind of glue can bond to one surface while being in contact with air, then quickly adhere to the other as soon as there's contact?

I know glues typically cure either by contact with air or moisture, but this just seems really far-fetched.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Paul said:
What kind of glue can bond to one surface while being in contact with air, then quickly adhere to the other as soon as there's contact?

I know glues typically cure either by contact with air or moisture, but this just seems really far-fetched.

Probably it was that Gorilla Glue. Since the body is warm, the contact point, where butt meets seat, can set up pretty fast. When I read stories like this, it came out last week, I feel there is info not included in the public story. It was probably done by a couple Lowe's employees. :wink:

Paul

ski_resort_observer said:
Paul said:

Probably it was that Gorilla Glue. Since the body is warm, the contact point, where butt meets seat, can set up pretty fast. When I read stories like this, it came out last week, I feel there is info not included in the public story. It was probably done by a couple Lowe's employees. :wink:

Actually, I'm thinking it might be some kind of ACL glue, definately not Gorilla. Gorilla actually sets kind of slow, and needs water to activate. Also, it is far from clear at any stage of its cure, so he would have to have not looked at the seat at all, as it would have been obvious.

Either-way, this looks to be a fraud. I think he glued his own ass to the seat.

ski_resort_observer

Website
Paul said:
Paul said:

Actually, I'm thinking it might be some kind of ACL glue, definately not Gorilla. Gorilla actually sets kind of slow, and needs water to activate. Also, it is far from clear at any stage of its cure, so he would have to have not looked at the seat at all, as it would have been obvious.

I was kidding about the Gorilla Glue but if this is a serious story I would have to believe whoever put it there would not put glue on that would harm the skin so my vote is for good old wood glue, contact cement would have serious consequences, what's ACL glue?

Paul

Paul said:
Paul said:

I was kidding about the Gorilla Glue but if this is a serious story I would have to believe whoever put it there would not put glue on that would harm the skin so my vote is for good old wood glue, contact cement would have serious consequences, what's ACL glue?

True. I still think he's full o' poopy, though.

ACL, oops, I was thinking of something else, CA Glue, i.e. ethyl cyanoacrylate, i.e. Krazy glue....

ctenidae

This happened in 2003, then he made a similar report again in 2004. Chronicly stupid, or out for a quick buck from HD. My money's on trying to get some cash from Home Cheapo.

And lawyers wonder why they have a bad reputation.

ski_resort_observer

Website
Wonder if he is related to that lady with the finger in her chili at Denny's? That was a scam, hope she is in jail.

I think we should be alittle more understanding of this fellow. Can you imagine being led out of a Home Depot with a toilet seat stuck to your tukus. :lol:

skijay

If I saw him being hauled off on the john, I would think it was demo days at Home Depot :lol: