• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Time-Out?

Should we institute temporary bans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Skimeister

In theory, the concept of "time-out" or reprimand for inappropriate behavior sounds good. The subjective nature how this will take place makes it an imperfect idea.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
If the policy is instituted, you can add some new emoticons

:time_out:
doghouse.gif

:banned:
banned.gif

Greg

Staff member
I hope 2knees responds to this thread with his thoughts. He likes flame wars and all around busting chops as much as anyone who has ever posted here, yet he is also in the inner circle of the Sundown crew who are the movers and shakers of this forum.

What say you Pat?
Wah. freeheelwilly was banned but Pat gets a pass. Time to get the eff over it Skippy. Really.

Greg

Staff member
It's been way, way worse then this. How about the time when Greg got into a multi day flame war with that dude who is a racer from PA. That spread from here to the PA forum and into Kzone too I think. That was nasty.

WTF are you talking about?

highpeaksdrifter

Wah. freeheelwilly was banned but Pat gets a pass. Time to get the eff over it Skippy. Really.

That’s not it at all. He’s said many times that flame wars where a guilty pleasure for him and I wanted to know what he thought about all this. I respect his opinion and that’s it.

Skippy? I guess that’s your way of being dismissive.

Greg

Staff member
That’s not it at all. He’s said many times that flame wars where a guilty pleasure for him and I wanted to know what he thought about all this. I respect his opinion and that’s it.

Skippy? I guess that’s your way of being dismissive.

I've never once had a complaint about Pat's antics, which most of the time are done in obvious jest and against people he knows personally. I can't say the same about some others. BTW, I call bullshit. That's exactly it.

Yep, Skippy. Kinda like the way FHW used to call me Greggy. Feels special, don't it?

highpeaksdrifter

If everyone here could act like an adult, we wouldn't be discussing this.

Like this?

Being insulting and accusing me of something I never meant and never ever said I wanted to happen. I like Pat and you saying stuff like this is implying to him and everyone who reads it that I don’t. I resent that.

Put yourself in time out.

highpeaksdrifter

I've never once had a complaint about Pat's antics, which most of the time are done in obvious jest and against people he knows personally. I can't say the same about some others. BTW, I call bullshit. That's exactly it.

Yep, Skippy. Kinda like the way FHW used to call me Greggy. Feels special, don't it?
You can call bullshit all you want it doesn't make it so.

I never called you that though did I?

Greg

Staff member
I was looking for Pat’s opinion. You took it the wrong way and then went off on me. What should I do then curl up in a ball?

I’m not looking for anything from you.

Okay. You're right.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
There's a difference between the occasional flame war and being a blatant asshole who is harassing others. There's a no harassment policy here. Nobody should have to tolerate it, and it gets incredibly annoying to read this continued childish banter. This isn't TGR and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see that remain.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
*Checks calendar*

Yup, its definitely June on a skiing forum!

Personally, when threads start breaking down, I just stop reading them so I can't speak from knowing what sparked this thread. I think if a Mod PM's someone and tells them to cool it and they don't listen, they probably deserve at least a time out. I can't believe it would even have to go beyond a Mod PM'ing to say a line was crossed and to drop the subject.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
*Checks calendar*

Yup, its definitely June on a skiing forum!

I think if a Mod PM's someone and tells them to cool it and they don't listen, they probably deserve at least a time out. I can't believe it would even have to go beyond a Mod PM'ing to say a line was crossed and to drop the subject.
+1

It's been way, way worse then this. How about the time when Greg got into a multi day flame war with that dude who is a racer from PA. That spread from here to the PA forum and into Kzone too I think. That was nasty.

That's just one example and there has been plenty of others.

So what am I missing? How about somebody spells it out for me?

She my buddy Ski999...

Greg loves to stir the pot and bump old threads and he likes when this site his active..his crew is named after a womans private area....we're adults here..this site should be fun..

I do not. I don't mind a mild mannered flame war. What I don't care for are blatant assholes like that guy.

he called everybody a moron but he was entertaining and one of the reasons I became addicted to this site..just so many charecters..I miss AndyZee..

Status
Not open for further replies.