• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Time-Out?

Should we institute temporary bans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait saying that your wifes hair is gross and that Buttplug has sand in his vajayjay is a personal attack..wow..than why wasn't OldSmellySnowboarder banned years ago..

bvibert

Staff member
Wait saying that your wifes hair is gross and that Buttplug has sand in his vajayjay is a personal attack..wow..than why wasn't OldSmellySnowboarder banned years ago..

If you have a problem with me then take it up in PM. Yes you personally attacked Phil. I didn't say anything about your cheap shot to my wife.

If you have a problem with me then take it up in PM. Yes you personally attacked Phil. I didn't say anything about your cheap shot to my wife.

Fair enough..anyway..I need to get out of this thread before I say something that gets me permanently banned...I have too many fans and groupies who enjoy my posts and steezy TRs and I can't let them down..

Have a swell weekend..:beer:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I voted No...I miss Snowman..I like how the internet is a giant free-for-all!!!

You posted this yesterday
Definitely..people should be accountable for what they post and if they can not post in a mature manner and stay on-topic..they should have a time out..

which is it???????????

I didn't vote cause my choice is not listed. I really don't care one way or another. I used to be a poster on TGR years ago but when the rugrats started taking over I simply moved on. Once in a awhile I check it but it's only gotten worse....a bunch of kids in a sandbox who swear alot. I don't want or care for them to change, it is what it is. I just don't go there anymore.

I have never met Philplug but got to know him abit when I was a Epic paid supporter. He's a good guy with alot of experience to share. Hey Phil.....I was the one who gave you the Glen Plake hairdoo a few years ago.

Last edited:

2knees

There are plenty of places for free-for-all behavior. AZ, isn't one of them. I'm all for having a little fun and all, but that doesn't mean that this has to be romper room.

blow me you over stuffed wind bag. If i want to lash out, its my god given right to do it on Alpinezone.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I used to be a poster on TGR years ago but when the rugrats started taking over I simply moved on. Once in a awhile I check it but it's only gotten worse....a bunch of kids in a sandbox who swear alot. I don't want or care for them to change, it is what it is. I just don't go there anymore.

I noticed that when I first started looking at it a couple years ago. never wanted to engage in that sort of banter. I see a new type of "generation gap" forming......

I wonder if posters would say the same thing to each other if they were face-to-face :-o

thetrailboss

Staff member

Those kinds of comments don't really add substantively to the board. At last check:

AlpineZone.com is a premiere resource for Northeast Skiing. We provide objective information including ski resort profiles, ski & stay packages, and ski conditions updated twice daily.

We also offer extensive information on Northeast Hiking, from light day hikes to extreme backpacking in the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire, the Adirondacks and Catskills of New York, the Berkshires of Massachusetts, and peaks in other areas in the Northeast.

We host a popular Message Forum where our members can discuss Northeast skiing and hiking as well as miscellaneous topics. Our forum members also have the ability to upload images from the various skiing and hiking adventures to our Image Gallery.

was our purpose.

I understand that you might be joking around, but folks judge credibility based on what folks say, not how many times they post.

Paul

I noticed that when I first started looking at it a couple years ago. never wanted to engage in that sort of banter. I see a new type of "generation gap" forming......

I wonder if posters would say the same thing to each other if they were face-to-face :-o

Unfortunately that does seem to be the norm with the little trogledytes. And yes, F2F is the same.

Wonder what business meetings will be like 20 years from now...

id3.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
First, I don't care what you think about my hair. BUT all the same, coming out of the blue with comments like such are attacks. Would you say the same to these people in person? Doubtful... And if you would, then we know what kind of person you really are.

When a post is reported, in case nobody has ever reported one, the statement underneath reads as follows:
This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
I think that right there explains why posts that are harassing/rude/provoking fights would be posts that are reported. :dunce: I repeat that while this is the internet and there is freedom of speech, this is not a forum to shout out every little thought that pops into your head. You wouldn't do that in person either. Use some judgment.

Fair enough..anyway..I need to get out of this thread before I say something that gets me permanently banned...I have too many fans and groupies who enjoy my posts and steezy TRs and I can't let them down..

Have a swell weekend..:beer:
Last time I checked, this is AlpineZone, not GSS-Groupie-ville. This is not all about you.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Hmm, I missed this all day and explains a few things I saw elsewhere.

I give my kids timeouts all the time, so why not.

Trekchick

FWIW I'm not aware of the details of what brought this to the forefront, but having spent time moderating a few forums, I understand that many details are unknown to the forum community because the moderators and admin work hard to make sure that things are done discreetly.
If you are not aware of the bad stuff that goes on, then you can be thankful for the efforts of the staff.

I have never met Philplug but got to know him abit when I was a Epic paid supporter. He's a good guy with alot of experience to share. Hey Phil.....I was the one who gave you the Glen Plake hairdoo a few years ago.
I loved that pic! In fact, I think I used it on a card with some other pics from BumpPhest.

500x500_5_0_0.jpg

MRGisevil

This isn't romper room? I'd like to ask the mods what happened to "Tongue in cheek", because when I complained about something that's the response I got.

I notified the moderators of something that I felt was offensive and was told it was all "tongue in cheek" and nothing would be done because the person was "just playing around". So what defines offensive, if that's the case? What defines "acting like children"? If you're going to pick and choose who gets a warning based on whether or not you relate to and feel personally offended by the poster, what's the point of putting a system in place and saying "AZ isn't a romper room site"?

bvibert

Staff member
i don't konw whatr anty fo this says, but marge, ui'm sorry,we love tyou man, ti's a toughthinvgf to keep evgferyonke ahppy, acyutually it's impossible.

you gyus ghsoundl e have come tgdoen to nigfht, we xcould have sung karytoke togetbherrrrrr........

(even thoyugjht therere wasn't karhyoke oast that barm, we coild hjaver done it any wtyaO)

Status
Not open for further replies.