AZ Time-Out? - Page 6

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Should we institute temporary bans?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 48.28%
  • No

    8 27.59%
  • Unsure

    7 24.14%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 158

Thread: AZ Time-Out?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    It's a continuation of unprovoked attacks that have persisted over the last few days. That in and of itself is not, admittedly. But taken as a whole, it is harassment.

    if what you're talking about is what started in the "persona" thread, it was philpug that first criticized GSS's bumping of the thread (calling it "boring thread drift"). i thought GSS's tongue in cheek response of telling philpug go back to facebook was funny (and warranted, given philpug's post). it then kinda went downhill from there.

    maybe i missed something.


  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    It's a continuation of unprovoked attacks that have persisted over the last few days. That in and of itself is not, admittedly. But taken as a whole, it is harassment.
    Me calling out Philpug for being a sandy vagina is not harrassment..it is a fact!!!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    if what you're talking about is what started in the "persona" thread, it was philpug that first criticized GSS's bumping of the thread (calling it "boring thread drift"). i thought GSS's tongue in cheek response of telling philpug go back to facebook was funny (and warranted, given philpug's post). it then kinda went downhill from there.

    maybe i missed something.
    Exactly!!! Philpug takes everything personally..he only skied Blue mountain because he lost a bet with me yet he had an amazing time and stayed longer than me..Philpug is a mod over on Epicski and wants to push his Mod-Power over to this site..

  4. #54
    I can't believe that in a thread discussing whether or not time-outs should be instituted the same juvenile behavior persists that provoked this thread in the first place. Really??? Seriously??? Are we that dense?

    Instead of pointing fingers and complaining, why not take it as an opportunity to self-filter? Just because you think something doesn't mean it needs to be broadcasted...
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I can't believe that in a thread discussing whether or not time-outs should be instituted the same juvenile behavior persists that provoked this thread in the first place. Really??? Seriously??? Are we that dense?

    Instead of pointing fingers and complaining, why not take it as an opportunity to self-filter? Just because you think something doesn't mean it needs to be broadcasted...
    Maybe you should become a mod..lol..how's the dyejob..LMBFAO!!!!!! You used all the kids KoolAid in your hair..

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I can't believe that in a thread discussing whether or not time-outs should be instituted the same juvenile behavior persists that provoked this thread in the first place. Really??? Seriously??? Are we that dense?

    Instead of pointing fingers and complaining, why not take it as an opportunity to self-filter? Just because you think something doesn't mean it needs to be broadcasted...
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    Maybe you should become a mod..lol..how's the dyejob..LMBFAO!!!!!! You used all the kids KoolAid in your hair..


    let the record reflect that, while clearly over the top, GSS's post was not unprovoked.

    not sure why i'm getting in the middle of this one.....lol.

    let's get some static to calm the nerves....


  7. #57
    I am going to vote no on this thread. Maybe I missed something on another thread... but this seems to be about GSS? I am not going to defend GSS, but it seems like this thread is going downhill because people are playing into GSS. GSS has been like this since day one. I don't know how he could rack up more posts than any one except bvibert and greg and this is only becoming an issue now. This has been GSS style from the get go. I never cared for it nor am I defending it, but I sense over reaction and baiting when people should just be ignoring and not replying.

    Again, I haven't seen the offending posts (to the best of my knowledge) so perhaps this is worse than it seems. I generally stop following posts when things go south. Seeing as how the board admin and a mod voted for the ban, I can't help but wonder if behind the scenes PMing was tried and ignored? Maybe a time out is the solution. But I think the easier solution is to not play into posts meant to get people going. I've never used the ignore feature that I can recall, maybe that would be a good option?
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    let the record reflect that, while clearly over the top, GSS's post was not unprovoked.

    not sure why i'm getting in the middle of this one.....lol.

    let's get some static to calm the nerves....

    ahhhh white noise

  9. #59
    For the record I didn't do a post report on this, but frankly I have in the past. I really do not understand the personal attacks by GSS. I met him in person and I thought we had a good time, I even recently invited him into my home when we had our fall GTG. At first I took his posting in good humor, but it really seems to have gone past that. There have been personal attacks that I really don't see where I have provoked them, (at one point I even sent him a PM asking what was going on with it). The only thing that I could think for this personal attack is that I don't like Blue Mountain, his home ski area.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSS
    Exactly!!! Philpug takes everything personally..he only skied Blue mountain because he lost a bet with me yet he had an amazing time and stayed longer than me..Philpug is a mod over on Epicski and wants to push his Mod-Power over to this site..
    Looks like he is taking things personal not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSS
    Me calling out Philpug for being a sandy vagina is not harrassment..it is a fact!!!
    That is a personal attack right there. (among the other recent posts)

    I am no trying to make this place Epic (or PASR or TGR or.. or..or..) It is AZ, it has its own community, it is up to the owners to decide what is acceptable behavior. If it is decided that this type of harassment is tolerated, I am sure that some contributing members will leave.

    It seams AZ it at a crossroads and needs to decide which direction it wants to go. This is a good thing, it shows that the forum is growing and evolving, now which way is it going to go.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

  10. #60
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    For the record, we usually try to PM members who are getting out of hand, instead of publicly calling them out. Sometimes they cut the crap immediately, sometimes they throw little baby tantrums and then settle down, but more often then not they start right back up with the BS within a couple of weeks.
    Brian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.