• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Top 5 Favorite Musicians

dmc

John84 said:
teachski said:
Paul said:
John84 said:
teachski said:
I listen to everything except rap.

I'd have to agree, rap blows.

I would respectfully disagree.

Image:Pe_87.jpg
I didn't pass judgement on Rap, I just said I don't listen to it.

I listened to one of the first rap's out there long before many of you were out of diapers....it was called "Rapper's Delight".

I listen to hip-hop once in a while when I am with my 13 year old niece.

I think he was referring to my statement of "rap blows" and I guess I should explain that. I don't mean all rap, I mean all of this new rap that has come out in the last 5 years or so that is mainly about image and not about music. I don't care how many people you claim to have shot or how large the tires on your cars are. Not to put down anyone who listens to it, I'm just not into it.

Yeah - cause saying rap blows is like saying rock blows and is a total generalization.. It's turned into a big genre since "Rappers Delight".. There's a branch that is total Gang Bang but there's also many groups that don't preach violence..

I'm big into the "TripHop" genre'

Paul

Hmmm...looks like my own link isn't working for me. :oops:

Its a pic of Public Enemy, for anyone else who may not be able to see it.

Yeah, "Rap Blows" is a bit of a generalization :wink:

I will agree, though, that I don't care for where the "mainstream" Hip Hop / Rap has gone. I definately prefer the "Old School" where there was a message in there.

What we need is awareness, we can't get careless
You say what is this?
My beloved lets get down to business
Mental self defensive fitness
(Yo) bum rush the show
You gotta go for what you know
Make everybody see, in order to fight the powers that be
Lemme hear you say...
Fight the Power

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
No way I can limit to 5, in no particular order:

Ludicris
50 cent
Eminem
Clash
Joe Strummer
Ramones
Yellowman
Lovindeer
Afroman
Ian Hunter
Queen
Chaka Demus

atomic68

Good call Paul.....PE's Fear of a Black Planet had a message alright...the disk is a continuuos story beginning to end...I re-visited it this past summer on a long drive one night...awesome stuff...add PE to my list

Npage148

In no order
Primus
The Beatles
Neil Young
Eric Clapton
Modest Mouse
David Bowie (strut around listening to Queen Bitch, i get weird looks)

Randon stuff all mixed in, Old Metallica (Black and before), Clutch, Of Montreal, Lynard Skynard, AIC, Septultura/Soulfly, Zappa, Pink floyd, The cure, Tool, White zombie, Tom Petty, Wu-Tang and off shoots, plus all the good random classic/hard rock songs