• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11-18-2005 - The day before....

dmc

It's snowing at Hunter... The mountain seems to be concentrating it's snowmaking power on the upper mountain.. Looks like skiing from the top down to the F Chair tomorrow...

Hunter_11-18-05_MountainView_snowmaking_2.jpg

Hunter_11-18-05_MountainView_snowmaking_close.jpg

ozzy

they opening tomorrow dmc or are you hiking it?

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
I might be at Hunter on the 28th. Pics look sweet!!
As in Monday, 11/28?

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
I might be at Hunter on the 28th. Pics look sweet!!
As in Monday, 11/28?
Yes 11/28 date is set. You up for the trip?
Yeah, I think that could work. Gotta drop my daughter off at preschool around 7:30 - 8 so I can't get there before 10 AM. Could likely be on the mountain at 10:30. Maybe set the Hunter thread in T&E for this date and you could start other threads as needed?

dmc

ozzy said:

They'll probably be open tomorrow... I'll be out early before the early season rush starts...

I won't skin up - I got too much stuff to do if the chairs arent running...

We're going to have an ULLR sacrifice tomorrow... Have to make the fire pit and get some beer...

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:
ozzy said:

They'll probably be open tomorrow... I'll be out early before the early season rush starts...

I won't skin up - I got too much stuff to do if the chairs arent running...

We're going to have an ULLR sacrifice tomorrow... Have to make the fire pit and get some beer...

If they do open (what's the scuttlebutt up there, sounds like a definite at this point), I'll be on the chair as soon as the bullwheel starts turning.
So, I'll see you early AM.

If Hunter does not open, It'll be a long ride to K for the day. I'm making as many turns tomorrow as possible somewhere!

dmc

JimG. said:
I'll be on the chair as soon as the bullwheel starts turning.
So, I'll see you early AM.

Indeed.... Psyched!!!!

catskills

Belleayre to Open Nov 19

Excitment builds in the Catskill Mountains after cold snowmaking weather moved in.

Check it out - Belleayre to open Nov 19

It can be a tad crowded on the few trails that are opened in the Northeast early season. Safety first, keep your speed down, and watch out for the little ones. 8)

Treeliner

Sweet! I'm psyched hunter is opening this weekend- Kmart and friends are too far away for me at this point in the season, but hunter is not a bad drive at all. I'll be there sunday :D

dmo

Any idea what Bellayre will be opening with?

I'm looking to head somewhere Sunday and can't justify a huge drive this early in the season. So, it's looking like Jiminy, Huntah, or Bellayre.

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
dmo said:

I'm looking to head somewhere Sunday and can't justify a huge drive this early in the season. So, it's looking like Jiminy, Huntah, or Bellayre.

Looking at their 'photo of the day' picture it looks like the triple chair area (maybe others); however, I doubt they'll open the triple chair to the summit since it requires a lot of snow making to open that double diamond right off the lift. Also, one item they did admit was the opening of the terrain park on Sunday.

I'm most likely heading to Bell on Sunday unless some unforeseen circumstances arise.

catskills

dmo said:
The Belleayre phone 800 942 6904 recording says mid-station lift 7 down (intermediate blue trail) for Saturday. Sunday they are also going to try to get the rail park opened.

Bosefius

That's great news that hunter is opening. I'll be at Killington, but at least with a couple other resorts open, the mob shouldn't be as bad and it may be a bit safer on the trails (I hope).

JimG.

Staff member
Thanks for passing up Hunter and joining the masses at K...Hunter was empty; get on lift, rip down at top speed, ski onto lift. Rinse and repeat.