• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo - 11/18/05

Bosefius

First off, I apologize for not taking pictures. It was gorgeous weather with incredible visibility, so I should have, but didn't. The skiing was a long way off from the two days I had in October. There was a shuttle taking you up to the North Star HSQ, which was used for up and downloading. They claimed 4 trails, which meant 1 run. The conditions were 100% man made. A couple baseball size or smaller death cookies here and there. A fairly firm base that you could still put an edge into. But if you looked hard, there were some areas of nice soft stuff, to put some good turns into. They definetly could have used an extra route down though. The skier traffic was just enough to cause a bit of concern. Many of the other skiers felt otherwise though as they complained of too much traffic.

The best news, is that they were blowing more snow all day. In addition to this, on my way there and back, I noticed Bromely making snow, and I think Magic. If you look straght across the valley from Bromley, that's Magic, right?

All in all, a very solid day and quite impressive considering a couple days ago, it was pouring rain and in the 60's.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the TR, next time take some pics! ;)

The mountain you saw from Bromley was probably Stratton...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The best news, is that they were blowing more snow all day. In addition to this, on my way there and back, I noticed Bromely making snow, and I think Magic. If you look straght across the valley from Bromley, that's Magic, right?
stratton is also across the valley from bromley on the southerly side. i would be AMAZED if magic was blowing this early. to be honest, i would be worried. they are not an early season ski area and snow blown now could be wasted for small time players.