• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Orion convert

wa-loaf

Did you guys do a dry burn on it first without food in it like the instructions. It's stainless steel, what could need to be burned off?

o3jeff

Just finished putting it together. Stupid question, do the chips go around the drip pan or do you load up the drip pan with them?

wa-loaf

Around the outside.

Good to know I would have put them underneath.

Assembled and ready to go. Bought a rack of ribs from BJs tonight I'll put a rub on them tonight and I'm bringing the whole thing to a lake BBQ tomorrow. Oddly I couldn't find charcoal at BJs. Still need to stop for beer and ice on the way anyway.

ctenidae

Oddly I couldn't find charcoal at BJs. Still need to stop for beer and ice on the way anyway.

That's a purchasse combination that just makes you smile- charcoal, beer, adn ice. There is absolutely no doubt what you are going to go do, and everyone who sees you is jealous.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Just finished putting it together. Stupid question, do the chips go around the drip pan or do you load up the drip pan with them?
Between the drip pan and sidewall.
02-HickoryChipsinthecooker.jpg

03-HickoryChipscloseup1.jpg

04-HickoryChipscloseup2.jpg

Grassi21

i have a feeling there will be multiple smoker TRs this weekend. let the flesh roast!

o3jeff

Any recommendations on brands of wood chips and were to get them. Looking at that pick they appear to be more of shavings. When I was in Walmart getting charcoal they had some wood chips, but they felt like big chunks.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Any recommendations on brands of wood chips and were to get them. Looking at that pick they appear to be more of shavings. When I was in Walmart getting charcoal they had some wood chips, but they felt like big chunks.
I have some of the Walmart chips. I don't like them...they don't burn very well.

Bass Pro Shops have a great selection and shipping from them is very reasonable. I like these a lot. Otherwise I'd get the chips that HD sells.