• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Orion convert

Glenn

Root is so OrionCore, he uses ratcheting tie downs when he makes a canopy! I use those same ones to secure my quad to the trailer.

ctenidae

I want video of Root at the upcoming Orion World Championships. :lol:

don't kid yourself by calling it an Orion Cookout. It's definitely competition....

I've got my wife convinced "it might be fun."

What's teh beer policy? Worth it to rush to get an Orion Original Ale bottled?

ctenidae

So, according to the City of Stamford website, beer is fine, but it says no glass. Anyway...

They charge $20 for a beach pass to enter the park. I won't repeat the rant I left in the trips forum, but charging for parks is near the top of my "Why I Hate Connecticut" list.

o3jeff

If I can find time, maybe I'll take ride there this week. Any luck at either Southington store? I frequent the one on Meriden/Wtby turnpike. That's about 5 minutes from the office. Perfect for quick runs at lunch.

Root, you are hardcore! Damn!!! ShamWow!

The Orions I got looked to be at least last years stock(boxes dusty and beat up). I did have a friend that works in the Wallingford store look on the computer to check the inventory of the stores and it only showed North Haven as having 5, I got 4 of those so they might still have one left. Also sounds like Norwalk might still have some.

In case you want to call around, I'll post the Home Depot sku# tomorrow since my box is in the shed and it is pouring out right now:-D

o3jeff

Going try a chicken this weekend in the Orion.

My Cherry, Apple and Hickory chips arrived from Bass Pro Shop today. Thanks for the recommendation Root.

Also noticed that this great thread was about to drop to page 2!:grin:

Paul

My Cherry, Apple and Hickory chips arrived from Bass Pro Shop today. Thanks for the recommendation Root.

You can get wood chips at Cabela's, or I've found them at ACE. NOt much selection at ACE though...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

No problem. I felt their pricing/shipping was fair...you?

Page 5 for me.

wa-loaf

Cooking question: Will you cook multiple items? I'm going to a friends BBQ in a couple weeks and want to cook ribs and then maybe chicken wings or a chicken. Is it fine to just pull the ribs out when they are done and then drop the other item in after?

ctenidae

Cooking question: Will you cook multiple items? I'm going to a friends BBQ in a couple weeks and want to cook ribs and then maybe chicken wings or a chicken. Is it fine to just pull the ribs out when they are done and then drop the other item in after?

You can do them all at once, if you want.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Maybe a chicken and the ribs, but you can't use the cooking grates if you have the ribs in the hangers.

When cooking ribs, I'd put in the bottom grate...just in case your ribs are so "falling off the bone" that they fall off the hanger, so they don't land in the drip pan.

I see so issues putting some wings on that bottom grate. I've also done baked potatoes in there while cooking a brisket. You can kinda seem them through the smoke.

HPIM0374.jpg

Geoff

Boy! The last time I skied that trail, it had a double chair running up it and it didn't have snowmaking. Back then, it was called North American. With snowmaking and the snot groomed out of it, it doesn't look like much these days.

guys this is a BBQ thread,..keep the skiing pictures in the proper threads..and thatr run looks great for GSS turns!!! Mad Steezy Yo!!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Boy! The last time I skied that trail, it had a double chair running up it and it didn't have snowmaking. Back then, it was called North American. With snowmaking and the snot groomed out of it, it doesn't look like much these days.

I'm pretty sure it's still called that. I enjoyed the snotty grooming :razz:

guys this is a BBQ thread,..keep the skiing pictures in the proper threads..and thatr run looks great for GSS turns!!! Mad Steezy Yo!!

Yes sir!

HD333

Check the North Haven store, I left one behind. Make sure you ask someone who knows what is going on there as they might have put it back up in the overhead(aisle with the hand leaf blowers and chainsaws). If you want I will post up the sku# later so you can call.

Any body have the Home depot SKU #? I want to call around and try to hop on this wagon, at 34 bucks if I fail I won't feel so bad....not that I will fail.

Whoever said that buying charcol, meat, ice, and beer is a great feeling hit the nail on the head. I am always an envious when I see a guy buying any combination of the 4 because I know he is in for something good.

And thanks in advance to whoever posts the SKU#

HD