• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow Opens on Double Blackout Days

RossiSkier

Took Wednesday off for Mt. Snow's opening day. They cancelled Wednesday and are opening today. This way the passholders en masse won't ski off the hills the day before all the suckers who paid top dollar for a long holiday weekend get there. :angry:

BeanoNYC

If your reasoning is true, Rossi ... That would be a real kick in the face to the West Dover chamber of commerce.

RossiSkier

Yeah it's just like double secret probation. House arrest for the Bronze and Silver pass holders. They push the pass then stab us in the back.

They could have opened Wednesday. Oh well. Not much a passholder who packs his lunch can do to punish them.

RossiSkier

riverc0il said:
why not buck up for the gold pass if you want so ski on blackout dates?

Who expressed the desire to ski blackout days? I was speaking of Snow opening on a blackout day and rescheduling the opening day that was prior to a blackout day.

RossiSkier

cyrk007 said:
damn that sucks.. that was a fun little mountain

It was. It only opened on weekends so it come Saturday it was fresh. On blackout days, it would open to passholders for $5.00. But nobody missed it until it was gone.

sledhaulingmedic

Will Pico suffer the same fate?

Bronze works out great for me, but most people don't have as "ski friendly" a work schedule as I do.

It's the pits that it was what ASC chose to do, but why is this any different? The only time ASC cares about their passholders is BEFORE they get our money :roll:

cyrk007

if you think about it though.. where else around here can you get as flexible a pass as inexpensive as it is without working there or being a college student.. I hear you on the work flexibility thing.. im in construction.. so when we get a fresh dump i can go north, ususally during a storm and be able to have some very spacious midweek runs. I just like that you are not locked into one particular mountain.. i highly dought killington would detach pico after the years of work connecting the two....

maybe sunday mt. snow won't be so packed.. its supposed to be really nice out. 8)

Bosefius

If you renewed your pass (and did it early enough) there should be 2 black out dates you can ski on. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently, you just go to the window and show your pass and they'll give you a day ticket.

tirolerpeter

Snow/ASC/Blackouts

Bosefius said:
If you renewed your pass (and did it early enough) there should be 2 black out dates you can ski on. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently, you just go to the window and show your pass and they'll give you a day ticket.

I'm totally OK with "Blackout Days" In fact I bought my bronze pass last spring and I believe that I only have 12 blackouts instead of 14. It's possible that I may not even bother to take advantage of it. I ski strictly mid-week. If you haven't done so, then play hooky (old fashioned term?) some day and try a weekday. Ain't retirement great?