• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Separate skiing forums by region or state? (#3)

Should we create separate skiing forums based on region or state?

• Yes, by region.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Yes, by state.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No. Leave it the way it is.

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have another idea (post below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
It's been several years since this was last brought up. The overwhelming consensus was to leave things the way they were back then. Unfortunately, I cleared that poll by accident, but anyway, I just want to gauge whether that's still how most people feel so please respond to this poll and post any suggestions here.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
It doesn't matter to me because I always click on New Posts and never see things as individual forums (skiing, TR, MB, misc, etc.).

However, for someone new to the site or not yet registered that wants to look around, I could see how it would be helpful to sort.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It doesn't matter to me because I always click on New Posts and never see things as individual forums (skiing, TR, MB, misc, etc.).

However, for someone new to the site or not yet registered that wants to look around, I could see how it would be helpful to sort.

same

ComeBackMudPuddles

i voted no.....(1) skiing is skiing, (2) the northeast is small enough that most people on here are probably (or should be) interested in what others from other areas have to say, and (3) contributors will either be divided by region/state or they'll all tend to gravitate to one region/state just to be in contact with everyone else.

we need more polls. i like polls. maybe a polls forum would be a good idea.

Grassi21

I think we should break out the state of Pennsylvania.

Greg

Staff member
What I find interesting is despite some of the complaints about the abundance of Sundown discussions and such, here's an opportunity to tuck that stuff away in it's own place and yet many folks want to keep the structure of the forum the same. Peculiar.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
What I find interesting is despite some of the complaints about the abundance of Sundown discussions and such, here's an opportunity to tuck that stuff away in it's own place and yet many folks want to keep the structure of the forum the same. Peculiar.
I don't mind them at all.

I've said this before, but I'm envious of the passion you clits have for the place!

Either way, I surf AZ via the New Posts link. I'd see them either way.

Trekchick

Greg! You listen to the complainers? THAT is your first mistake!

I like to read about your adventures and am glad that you all share the amazing vibe you have.

Those who don't like it can either start their own TR's or refrain from opening TR's that are about Sundown.

campgottagopee

Wouldn't have anything to complain about then----I voted no:grin:

JimG.

Staff member

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Leave it as is...breaking out areas sucks.

I like to read about other places too. And people who don't like TR's with vid and pics are idiots.

highpeaksdrifter

I like to read about other places too. And people who don't like TR's with vid and pics are idiots.

I don't think it's nice to call people idiots for having a different opinion then you (especially when you're a moderator). That said who does not like pics and vids?

Last edited:

Philpug

Highpeaks said:
I don't think it's nice to call people idiots for having a different opinion then you (especially when you're a moderator}..

I agree, As a Mod, You might think it, but don't post it.

:idea:How about break it down to two sections...

Sundown

All Other Ski Areas :p

Like mentioned here before, I use the "New Posts" button.