• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Separate skiing forums by region or state? (#3)

Should we create separate skiing forums based on region or state?

• Yes, by region.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Yes, by state.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No. Leave it the way it is.

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have another idea (post below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

deadheadskier

Staff member
Out of curiosity, how active are the 'other' ski forums out there? Kzone, epic, tgr, skiadirondacks, skimrv

The only other ski forum of which I'm a member is the Sunday River board. That board has seemed to create a lot of great 3D relationships, much like the Sundown crew has formed here. That said, I never got into posting over there much even when I was a pass holder. I enjoy reading about other areas here that I don't get to visit much or at all.

2knees

Out of curiosity, how active are the 'other' ski forums out there? Kzone, epic, tgr, skiadirondacks, skimrv

no offense to some of the people i've met from that board, but kzone's most active thread is about alpinezone. The usual stuff, we're all gapers, Greg is a total schill and nobody can challenge anything that is said by a ski area representative. The usual paranoid bullshit you'll find there. Epic is dead even when its alive. I read it when i want to fall asleep. TGR is always active. Skiadk and skimrv are kinda slow even in the middle of winter, never mind the summer.

JimG.

Staff member
5 pages of posts since the "idiot" comment.

If I didn't like hearing from all you folks I would be an idiot for posting what I did.

Which doesn't detract from the fact that I'm an idiot anyway.

But an idiot with high self esteem.

The only other ski forum of which I'm a member is the Sunday River board. That board has seemed to create a lot of great 3D relationships, much like the Sundown crew has formed here. That said, I never got into posting over there much even when I was a pass holder. I enjoy reading about other areas here that I don't get to visit much or at all.

TGR is always actice..PASR is dead..

5 pages of posts since the "idiot" comment.

If I didn't like hearing from all you folks I would be an idiot for posting what I did.

Which doesn't detract from the fact that I'm an idiot anyway.

But an idiot with high self esteem.

so I guess that makes you a self aware, self assured, self confident, self depricating idiot...:grin: sounds like you've made it through all 10 steps :beer:

tcharron

You know, the original question I'm really starting to reconsider.

But it has NOTHING to do with Sundown. It's these long drawn out armchair resort managers ranting on about Killington.