• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iwon't formerly known as OldsnowboarderME

MR. evil

Really sorry to hear about your dog Jerry. Marge and I are both very attached to our dogs and I understand how hard loosing a beloved pet can be.

To be honset I hadn't really noticed you being that negative, I guess I don't pay very good attention to anything other than MTB and mogul threads. Best of luck with your clean start here on AZ.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Keeping it positive; good perspective to have iwon't

Very sorry to hear about your dog, those are hard times for us pet lovers. Looking forward to your contributions on the board!

Trekchick

I know I'm not around here as much as most, but I have had nothing but good vibes from OSME...
Even at that, I respect your passion to reinvent yourself........
Without touching on all the content of your disclosure post, my kindest thoughts are with you.

Take this inspirational quote from Maya Angelou
I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it!

Great news, now I won't have to buy OldsnowboarderME that beer I promised him! Wish you all the best with resolving all of your issues.
But I am you like me so much you will buy me two now. I have a feeling OSME would have wanted it that way.

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Ok, well welcome to AlpineZone.com. Home of the most dedicated and passionate skiers and snowboarders on the east coast!!! So sorry the loss of your dog. Pets really are members of the family.

Can I have OSME's big wrench? :beer:

wa-loaf

Welcome aboard iwon't. Sorry about the dog. Who's OldsnowboarderME?

Ok, well welcome to AlpineZone.com. Home of the most dedicated and passionate skiers and snowboarders on the east coast!!! So sorry the loss of your dog. Pets really are members of the family.

Can I have OSME's big wrench? :beer:
His name was Cricket, his coat was jet black. An Aussie mix. He was blind but he memorized where everything was in the kennel. His sense of smell was gone too but he had excellent hearing still.He was 10 1/2 years old and a litter mate to Dakota that passed several years before him. Now I have only one dog who is 12 1/2 and a cat that is 19 years old.

I believe OSME big wrench has been willed to a in town museum.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums iwon't. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been hard on you.

Welcome to the forums iwon't. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been hard on you.
What was diificult was that when the grand kids come over the first thing they would do is get them out of the kennel if I hadn't already. I had been working outside for several hours and I didn't think to let the dogs out. if I had done that I would have discovered Cricket before the grand kids did. I had some explaining to do about death to the youngest ones.

Greg

Staff member
Sorry to hear about your dog. Good luck with everything, and it was big of you to come out like that. I say good on ya.

OK if you haven't guessed by now who iwon't was, now you know, but it is not intended to be an malicious alias, it is my new screen name with a wish for a fresh start. GSS for any offense I have given you in the past I publicly apologize to you. I know this might be like me holding a lightening rod in a storm to you but please try to respect what I am trying to accomplish here.

I had to take sometime off posting because the "expected" negativity was really getting to me. I went and discussed my feelings my therapist ( yes I have issues, depression being one I continually battle) and I couldn't continue as OldsnowboarderME. So OSME is now virtual RIP. There are things about OldsnowboarderME I will miss but 90% of his contributions here were never meant to be helpful and were worthy of deletion. He was getting increasingly out of control. maybe I should hold a wake for him. Again to those I have offended I apologize.

I knew when I created the alias that Greg and the other moderators would know. I had to work through some anger issues and still am but I will be OK. My therapist always tells me that .. "Jerry, Your going to be OK" .. as I write this I my eyes are starting to water.

I just wanted the feeling of a fresh start and work at checking my negative impulses. I still have to work at it. Again my therapist said "just say it in a positive way now" and I have been trying to post along those guidelines. If attacked, I will not respond with any insult.

During my posting absence another one of my dogs died unexpectedly ( I have to pause a minute as I am crying now) I wasn't there and my oldest grandson found him and not me. My second grandson took it very hard. We both cried together. This is very difficult for me to write right now ( hard to see the keyboard).

Like I said I knew it was only a matter of time before my"cover" was blown. It was suggested that I reintroduce myself. This why I am writing this now. Don't expect anymore OSME negative antics anymore. If you liked OSME then I hope you will like iwon't even more. iwon't is closer who Jerry is.

Treat me like I am a new member as in a way I am now. I knew I would have to come out in the open some point. I really prefer the old AZ, when it was like going into the den by the fire for an relaxing evening with friends.

iwon't formerly know as OldsnowboarderME

P.S.
I chose this screen name to remind myself what I will not do anymore.
The only true power one posses is one's ability to refuse.
I always like Mister Rogers.
I hope I can be an example to some others on here.

Greg has been gracious enough to honor my request.

What about Iwill..is that you as well..anyway I think it's lame that you changed your screen-name. Wow..I'm thinking about seeing a therapist as well..because when I close my eyes at night all I see is:beer::spread::argue::daffy: Sorry to hear about your dog..

Sorry if my posts bothered you in any way..I figured all the bickering back and forth was in good fun...but Jerry..hopefully life treats you well..don't be too polite..then this site will be boring..

What about Iwill..is that you as well..anyway I think it's lame that you changed your screen-name. Wow..I'm thinking about seeing a therapist as well..because when I close my eyes at night all I see is:beer::spread::argue::daffy: Sorry to hear about your dog..

Sorry if my posts bothered you in any way..I figured all the bickering back and forth was in good fun...but Jerry..hopefully life treats you well..don't be too polite..then this site will be boring..
I surmised as much that would be your response but this isn't about you, it is about me this time. But you do have my permission to conduct a wake for OldsnowboarderME and you say anything you want about him. Life is what you make it because the only real control you have is how you react to it.
Us older folks like boring, it is more peaceful, and yes you should see a therapist. You got issues too.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Right before he passed, He said " iwon't you to have the beer andyzee owes me" .. he was kind of mumbling but I am sure that is what he said. We were kind of close you know. :beer:

I'm sure people that know Michael Jackson are making up the same kind of stuff. It all don't mean crap without a will.