• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 11/30 Opening Day

J

jlangdale

Very low visibility, tons of snow making and clouds/fog/etc. rolling through the summit. Downloading with 1 lift and servicing the summit with the other. 4 runs, more like 1 main trail. Conditions were good at the summit a little icy, but then very wind blown/skied off nearer the bottom. It was cold but I wasn't feeling it. My first turns of the season save one snowboarding trip. Had goofy legs for a little bit, for $28 bucks it was worth it to get the legs working out again in skis. After eating some chilli and hot cholocate, took a couple more runs and my legs came back. Was feeling good and had some great runs from the top until it got icy and had to slow down.

Forecast looks great, very cold temps lows in sigle digital and highs in low teens in the next few days. It's still snowing right now following a brief hail storm about 10 minutes ago.

I took some video with my little sony dv from the chair and the summit, along with a hand-held run which went pretty well. I'll post a link to it this evening.

Lincoln peak scheduled to open Dec. 12th, looking like a very good December for skiing. Keep your fingers crossed for cold temperatures to remain and plenty of blue sky high pressure systems. A nice little dump here or there might be nice too. My prediction is we are going to get hammered for Christmass.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
I took some video with my little sony dv from the chair and the summit, along with a hand-held run which went pretty well. I'll post a link to it this evening.
Cool. Looking forward to this. Keep the videos and pics coming this season, Jon! 8)