• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannondale F300 For Sale $350

Trekchick

Due to budget constraints this is not going to work at the moment, but I really appreciate your time and attention on my behalf.
You're the best!
:)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What kind of bike are you looking for? I still have my wife's Cannondale. It's not FS, but it's practically new. She was 5'2". I forget how tall you are.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=60225&highlight=Cannondale
I'm 5' 4.75" (that 3/4 inch is real important! :lol:). My Specialized Hardrock is an XS, IIRC, and there isn't enough stretch for me (LBS put me on it but I didn't know better at the time... sounds like a boot fitting thread). I'm on my way out but I will check the thread out when I get back. Thanks for the reminder!

wa-loaf

I'm 5' 4.75" (that 3/4 inch is real important! :lol:). My Specialized Hardrock is an XS, IIRC, and there isn't enough stretch for me (LBS put me on it but I didn't know better at the time... sounds like a boot fitting thread). I'm on my way out but I will check the thread out when I get back. Thanks for the reminder!

It's probably too small for you in that case, but if you are going to Pauls ride in May I can bring it along.

bvibert

Staff member
Is it a small, or a petite? Carrie's current bike is an XS Hardrock which is pretty much the same size as the petite (13") version of the F300. If it's a small (15") then it might be a better fit than what she has now. Who knows, maybe she should really be on a medium??

wa-loaf

I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it's an XS. So if you know any shorties who need a bike ...

MR. evil

A longer stem could help a bit. Do you know what size stem is currently on your bike? I have several long stems from 100mm to 125mm long that you can have.

bvibert

Staff member
Her stem is pretty short now that I think about it. Thanks for the suggestion Tim.

MR. evil

Her stem is pretty short now that I think about it. Thanks for the suggestion Tim.

Let me know what diameter bars she has and I will see if I have a stem that will work. I hate long stems and will never use any of the ones I have. Just make sure these parts end up on her bike this time.......not like the pedals.

o3jeff

Let me know what diameter bars she has and I will see if I have a stem that will work. I hate long stems and will never use any of the ones I have. Just make sure these parts end up on her bike this time.......not like the pedals.

I'll take your rear coil shock to give it a try if you're giving stuff away for free.

bvibert

Staff member

Those pedals eventually found their way to her bike, I just had to try them out first. 8)

Her bars are just cheap-o small bars, I think.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Buy my bike or take it somewhere else ... ;-)

:lol: Looks like you guys were working this out while I was busy today. I thought you said the bike was a small, though? Or did I misread the thread?
The frame size is a small.

I'm not really familiar with Cannondales... just growing tired of being on a bike that's too small now that I'm using it more.

Tim, thanks for the advice and the offer. Will check that out later and get back to you.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Double checked and it is in fact a Small.

Gives you an idea of how "too small" my bike is for me then, eh? :lol:

Let me talk to B. I may be going to Paul's ride so if I do, that would be a good place to check it out, if you don't mind (and it isn't snatched up before then).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll be up at Wa's house tomorrow, if you guys work out the details, I'll haul it back to my house.
So you can take the money as a down-payment for his purchase of your bike? ;) I would like to try before I buy so I don't make the same mistake again, but thank you for the offer.

wa-loaf

So you can take the money as a down-payment for his purchase of your bike? ;) I would like to try before I buy so I don't make the same mistake again, but thank you for the offer.

I don't mind. You can bring it back to Paul's ride if you don't want it. Try before you buy ... It's been hanging in the garage all winter so it is dusty and prob needs air and a little lube. Let me know and I'll take it down for Jeff.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I don't mind. You can bring it back to Paul's ride if you don't want it. Try before you buy ... It's been hanging in the garage all winter so it is dusty and prob needs air and a little lube. Let me know and I'll take it down for Jeff.
Very nice of you to offer that! :)

Thank you for offering transportation, Jeff! :)