• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ok enough sun bring on the winter who is with me?

Glenn

I'm ready. Just have to finish putting in the firewood.

I split some pine last night. Every time I do anything firewood related it's usually 112 degrees out. Sure does get me thinking of winter.

Warp Daddy

in due time -- want to live my life now,. not wish it away It'll get here when its supposed to until then chill out relax and enjoy lifein EVERY season

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I split some pine last night. Every time I do anything firewood related it's usually 112 degrees out. Sure does get me thinking of winter.

Bleh, you guys are crazy. Firewood is winter work. No leaves, frozen wood, easy to split, no bugs. Cut in one winter, season it a year (or two.. or three) and burn as needed.

I'm ready to be done with the summer heat, but I don't want to skip over harvest season, Oktoberfest, or Thanksgiving. We're rapidly approaching my favorite time of year :D

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
See, I got all my wood in for this year last winter :D

P1020382.JPG

WJenness

See, I got all my wood in for this year last winter :D

P1020382.JPG

That's quite a bit of wood you've got there Marc... how long would that last you if you didn't add any more to the pile?

I assume your fireplace is supplemental to a gas or oil system?

-w

tjf67

GEEZ it was not a month ago that summer had not arrived yet. Enjoy the heat, sweat is a good thing. Fall and winter will come I am enjoying whatever weather that we are in with act. that goes along with it.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
That's quite a bit of wood you've got there Marc... how long would that last you if you didn't add any more to the pile?

I assume your fireplace is supplemental to a gas or oil system?

-w

Well... there's about 18 cord there and I burn about 4.5 cord/season in my wood stove (on average). So 3 - 4 years worth. Sold about 3 cord already. That's just from cutting dead fall and dead standing timber and trimming the fencelines of 2 fields last winter. And yeah, my primary source of heat is an oil boiler, supplemented by the wood stove.

in due time -- want to live my life now,. not wish it away It'll get here when its supposed to until then chill out relax and enjoy lifein EVERY season

I wish the rest of August, September and October would dissapear..if I could wake up in November with a big beard, I'd be happy..