• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Jersey ski history

NJSkiBabe

My new book SKIING IN NEW JERSEY? has just been released. It will make a great gift for anyone that has ever skied in New Jersey. Many ski hills that were located throughout the state from the early 1900s to the present are described in this new book.

SKIING IN NEW JERSEY? is available on www.amazon.com or www.lulu.com

ISBN: 1-4116-6037-4

Price of the book is $25.00

teachski

Website
teachski.com
RossiSkier said:
Are you Elizabeth Holste the author?
Yes, NJSkiBabe is indeed Elizabeth Holste. While Liz was working on the book I got to read some exerpts from it. Get the book, you'll love it!

NJSkiBabe

Yes. As teachski says - I am the author.

Yes. There is mention of the Xanadu project as a proposed new ski hill. At the time I was writing my book I have it that the Xanadu ski hill is scheduled to open some time in 2006.

YES - there was and still is skiing in New Jersey! And we're proud of it.

Here's something to remember - Donna Weinbrecht - the first woman to win the first Gold medal in the 1992 Olympics for Moguls was born in New Jersey!

THINK SNOW!

bensonr2

Is there anything about Craigmeur in the book? I used to work there in the rental shop, but can't find any info about it on lost ski area sites on the web.

RossiSkier

teachski said:
RossiSkier said:
Are you Elizabeth Holste the author?
Yes, NJSkiBabe is indeed Elizabeth Holste. While Liz was working on the book I got to read some exerpts from it. Get the book, you'll love it!

But it costs a whole can of formula. Maybe if I could get it used for two or three bottles.

BeanoNYC

I'll be honest, it is quite satisfying calling a buddy at 2:00 in the afternoon and heading up to Mountain Creek for a bit of night skiing. We'll head over to Granite and South Peak (empty) and do laps like no body's business. Grab a beer then head back to Vernon till 10:00. It's a real fun time! I'll probably grab a copy for my friend when I get his creek card for Christmas.

bensonr2

Craigmeur was a small ski area in Rockaway township about 15 mi south of Vernon (where mt creek is).

It was a little larger then Campgaw (I think, I've never been to Campgaw).

They had there last ski season a few years ago, but they continued there summer operations which was basically hosting corporate picnics. I heard they sold the place recently to the county to operate as a public park, but I think they are still going to rent it out for private functions.

NJSkiBabe

Pick up a copy of the book and you'll find out just how many ski hills there were in New Jersey. All of your questions will be answered with the correct information about each of the ski hills.

SkiDog

bensonr2 said:
Is there anything about Craigmeur in the book? I used to work there in the rental shop, but can't find any info about it on lost ski area sites on the web.

Ha this is where I learned to ski....

M