• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Hood Oregon 8/30 - 9/5

skiadikt

damn this sounds awesome. almost pulled the trigger a couple years ago.

2knees

great updates steve. looking forward to todays.

and you're still an asshole.

powhunter

powhunter-albums-lob-picture344-thurs-1.jpg

Where the F did the mountain go???

powhunter-albums-lob-picture345-thurs-2.jpg

Nice view of the Cascades

Yea today started out pretty bad neary no visibility and the mountain was on hold. We were told that they would have a decision whether to open or not in a half and hour. Then the sky just opened up!!! The game is on!!! The winds were really rocking about 40-50 mph, but it was getting bluebird :cool: Didnt start to ski till about 10:30 so we skipped the groomer drills and D-O told us we were just gonna "rapid fire" the bump lines. I thought the bumps were gonna be bulletproof, but we got a little rain last night and once the sun hit them we were good to go!!

My technique is getting better, but gaining "ripper status" wont happen overnight. I just have to do the drills, focus on my weaknesses, and only then will my skiing improve. A few of the guys in our group were told to open it up a bit and ski more direct, and they looked damn good! One of the guys has been to camp 3 times with D-O and hes getting damn good!!! There is improvement with everyone in the group as far as technique and aggressiveness. He told me that I need to slow down and focus on techniqe rather than speed, but when he wasnt around I was straightlining em "jonnypoach style" !!!!!!!!!!

I crashed pretty good off the kicker (backscratcher) and I doubt Im gonna be able to spin unless I correct my pop tomorrow.

The top line was the best line that they had there all season!! I cant wait to get back out there tomorrow!!! So My assessment of mogul camp is: Darren Owens is an excellent coach....You have to bring good technique to the bumps......You have to do the drills in order to get better...

Met some really cool skiers here too!! One guy from japan who is really starting to tear it up after only 4 days!! A guy and his chick from tahoe who has skied 180 consecutive months!!!!!

See ya!!!

Steveo

Beetlenut

Dam, it's almost too painful to read this thread and view these pics! Livin the dream! You go Steve.

Wish I was there!

powhunter

Got back last night! One of the best ski weeks of my career!!!! Once I get the camp dvd I will post it! One funny quote from the coach "steve remember the only time ya want to be in the backseat is with your girlfriend"

steveo

powbmps

Somehow I missed this thread. Good thing because I would have been wasting my energy hating you like the rest of these guys ;-). Looking forward to the video.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome back Steve. I'm very jealous and can't wait to hear more about your trip, and maybe a few pointers.. ;)

I like the new signature, nice way to start the season! :beer:

powhunter

Welcome back Steve. I'm very jealous and can't wait to hear more about your trip, and maybe a few pointers.. ;)

I like the new signature, nice way to start the season! :beer:

Thanks!! Id be glad to share what I learned with everyone!!! Maybe we can earn some october turns like last year!! :snow:

steveo

Got back last night! One of the best ski weeks of my career!!!! Once I get the camp dvd I will post it! One funny quote from the coach "steve remember the only time ya want to be in the backseat is with your girlfriend"

steveo

ahahahaha good one..but a little dirty as this is a family site..lol

drjeff

Quick, someone hijack a groomer and go take care of those horrible bumps! :snow:

Given that they're on Mount Hood, probably wait a week or 2 and you'll start to see mother nature filling them in and starting to "rebuild" the Palmer Snowfield for next summer :snow:

Greg

Staff member
Nice work Steve-O. Looking forward to hearing some of your tips this season. Plenty of groomer for drills on Upper Nor'easter. :lol:

powhunter

Heres a little video I made from my trip.. There are a couple real good bumpers in it..Darren owens (the mogul coach blue pants) and Akisan2 (camo pants from mogulskiing.net) I slowed my skiing down on it just to see my faults a little better!!

Anyways enjoy!!

Steveo

http://vimeo.com/6577800

Last edited by a moderator:

Beetlenut

Heres a little video I made from my trip.. There are a couple real good bumpers in it..Darren owens (the mogul coach blue pants) and Akisan2 (camo pants from mogulskiing.net) I slowed my skiing down on it just to see my faults a little better!!

Anyways enjoy!!

Steveo

http://vimeo.com/6577800

Cant figure out to imbed this???

Finally some ski-related content!!
Looking good Steve!

powbmps

Nice Steve! Snow looks like it was softening up pretty good.