• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

binding opinions

SKIQUATTRO

(for a friend of mine)

He's getting a new pair of K2 Apache Crossfire. 5'10" 215lbs..upper immed skier..likes speed, not a whole lot of grace, but he's getting better, trees/bumps/groomers....what binding do you all suggest? thx

SKIQUATTRO

I have been, am and always will be a Marker fan,,,,,what Marker is hot these days

BeanoNYC

I have Solomon s810's on my K2's . Where on the Island are you? I think Princeton Ski Shop sells their crossfires with Solomon bindings.

SKIQUATTRO

I live out in Locust Valley (Nassau), just west Oyster Bay...I;ll let my buddy know..thx

BeanoNYC

Yeah ... Princeton is in Roslyn on Willis Ave and the LIE....I may stop in today on my way home from work to beg to tuner to hurry up with mine .... I'll double check for ya.

SKIQUATTRO

thanks, let me know what they are price wise, my buddy lives out in West Islip..learn how to tune your own sticks, that way you have them when you want em!!! www.tognar.com

BeanoNYC

Alright .... Princeton doesn't carry Crossfires anymore.....but they DO carry the Apache X with Marker piston bindings. I believe it's 450 when its all said and done (please call as I forgot to double check with the dude if that included bindings; I wouldn't want him to make the trip if I misunderstood.) (like that use of a semicolon Greg?) Don't go by their internet price. Me thinks that the X is one "step down" from the crossfire, but I may be wrong. (Incidentally the X and the Blackhawk are the same; The Blackhawk has the black and white Crossfire graphics, though) If he's in West Isip he may want to see if Sno Haus in Huntington can match....or give ALLSKIING a pm ... he's got the line on the suffolk shops.

[edit] ~For clarity~ :beer: