Stowe Releases Pass Rates

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
  1. #1
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,645

    Cool Stowe Releases Pass Rates

    For adult passes, bought before 10/30:

    All Mountain, Stowe Seven Plus (with perks): $1452
    Stowe Seven (7days a week, blackouts on holidays): $1307
    Stowe Six (Sun-Fri, no holidays): $1018
    Stowe Five: (Mon-Fri, no holidays): $857

    Other packages:

    Stowe Seven Family (2 adults, 2 kids): $3660 (no blackouts)
    Stowe College Pass: $399 (no blackouts)

    From what I have seen, the highest in the NE.

    After 10/30:

    Stowe Seven Plus: $1815
    Seven: $1634
    Six: $1273
    Five: $1071
    College:$450



    Stowe Seven Family: $4614

    FMI: http://www.stowe.com/tickets/season_passes/
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  2. #2
    Stowe seven family is a great value for the family with an extra 4 grand to spare..lol..the college pass at 399 is a great deal..as it was 349..9 years ago..

  3. #3
    Wow............
    104(12/13)
    105
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

  4. #4
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,645
    They still have the most expensive college option, when you consider that SB is $319 and the Triple Major is $269. That said, Stowe has dropped their price and eliminated the blackouts, so in essence it is now just the most expensive pass for students, not the most expensive and biggest ripoff on the market.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    They still have the most expensive college option, when you consider that SB is $319 and the Triple Major is $269. That said, Stowe has dropped their price and eliminated the blackouts, so in essence it is now just the most expensive pass for students, not the most expensive and biggest ripoff on the market.
    still a great value for students..plus Stowe is 7 miles closer than Sugarbush South for UVMers..

  6. #6
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    I wonder what the 1-day rate is.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  7. #7
    $399 is a great deal for college students. I would pay $399 for Stowe over $319 for Sugarbush in a heart beat.

    4Gs for a family to ski is outrageous though. I aspire to have that kind of financial fluidity in life, but I don't see it before I'm 50 and then only if I've had a lot of luck. For a long time from now, I can't see myself rationalizing even half that in pass costs for a family of 4.

  8. #8
    We like Whitetail-Liberty-Roundtop at $399 seasons per adult, 1K for da family. Shorter season down here though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

    4Gs for a family to ski is outrageous though. I aspire to have that kind of financial fluidity in life, but I don't see it before I'm 50 and then only if I've had a lot of luck. For a long time from now, I can't see myself rationalizing even half that in pass costs for a family of 4.
    If you spend the majority of weekends at the same place skiing/riding, 4G's for a family of 4 isn't out of the question. Okay, my price figure involves ski school season passes for my kids, but Mount Snow this coming season for my wife and my season passes + my kids ski school season passes put a hit of just under 5G's on my Mastercard Bill by the time taxes were added in And I can think of atleast 2 other AZ members off the top of my head that I'm pretty sure will have the a similar (if not more) figure on their Mastercards by the time kid's programs are figured in for the season. In both cases they'll probably spend 90% of their families ski days(likely 50+ per family member) at the same mountain. And that's the ski lifestyle change that you typically make when you purchase those big ticket passes, you don't spend your season hopping around various New England ski areas, but you're spending the vast majority of time at just 1 mountain
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

    November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    If you spend the majority of weekends at the same place skiing/riding, 4G's for a family of 4 isn't out of the question. Okay, my price figure involves ski school season passes for my kids, but Mount Snow this coming season for my wife and my season passes + my kids ski school season passes put a hit of just under 5G's on my Mastercard Bill by the time taxes were added in And I can think of atleast 2 other AZ members off the top of my head that I'm pretty sure will have the a similar (if not more) figure on their Mastercards by the time kid's programs are figured in for the season. In both cases they'll probably spend 90% of their families ski days(likely 50+ per family member) at the same mountain. And that's the ski lifestyle change that you typically make when you purchase those big ticket passes, you don't spend your season hopping around various New England ski areas, but you're spending the vast majority of time at just 1 mountain
    not to be an ass but most families aren't headed by a dentist and an orthodontist..not that there's anything wrong with that..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.