• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killingtonzone Admins

deadheadskier

Staff member
Now Claremont/Lebanon

right on. My parents live in Ludlow half the year, my brother in White River, my uncle in Quechee. Great area to be in. Claremont is sad to see so vacant and beat up downtown for so many years. I imagine midwest auto towns that have had plants close to be quite similar. Though it seems that each time I drive through there on my way to Ludlow the past few years, more and more money is being invested in downtown there.

UVSHTSTRM

right on. My parents live in Ludlow half the year, my brother in White River, my uncle in Quechee. Great area to be in. Claremont is sad to see so vacant and beat up downtown for so many years. I imagine midwest auto towns that have had plants close to be quite similar. Though it seems that each time I drive through there on my way to Ludlow the past few years, more and more money is being invested in downtown there.

Yup Claremont is was it is, but getting better. It's really too bad, they have/could have a really nice downtown. The wife and I bought a house in Claremont a little while back. We figured the 150g's less for a comprable house in Claremont was worth the 30 minute drive to Lebanon for work. Housing prices in Hanover, Lebanon and the surrounding area's is getting pricey.........Dartmouth Medical and College obviously driving up the prices. Funny thing is the town is what many consider a poor town, but has the highest taxes in NH....which is about right considering most of the population either drives to Leb/Hanover for work or doesn't work at all. I have never seen so many kids pushing babies around. The area really get's hurt by the cheap rental properties....plus for a small city we have lots of public housing, which isn't bad, but people in public housing are not going to go out and spend money on high end food and products. Although we do have a Common Man which for NH and especially Claremont is very high end. We did have Sophie and Zeks which was another high end food joint, but they closed there doors with plans to reopen, but if you can't make it during the summer I don't get how they can afford to be open in the winter. Anywho if you ever stop through check out the redone mills. They now house the Department of MV, the Common Man Restaruant, the Common Man Inn, Red River Computers, new high end lofts, Parking Garage and Ramunto's Pizza. However the current economy kind of dims the lights, but hopefully everyone makes it.