• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain: Open 2009-2010 Only F-M and Holidays

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I certainly will. And feel free to look me up when you come up for some laps. I will most likely be out there earning turns too.

Just so you know, I really like Magic for this and I'm likely to buy some lift tickets as well because of it. I have aspirations of doing the MRG-SB amateur race and having somewhere to train when the backcountry is dry is key.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Definitely email, there already is a 6" snow report option.

Posting on the home page of the website.

Twitter might actually come in handy; www.twitter.com/skimagicvt and facebook will be updated.

I am looking into text messaging now. I wasn't aware that Plattekill had that option, but will certainly give Lazlo a call.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Just so you know, I really like Magic for this and I'm likely to buy some lift tickets as well because of it. I have aspirations of doing the MRG-SB amateur race and having somewhere to train when the backcountry is dry is key.

I'm glad you are in favor of it. The policy has worked out well so far and I hope I am able to continue it. As an FYI, we are hosting a randonee race this year too; http://ussma.org/news/ussma/first-race-dates-2010-announced; March 6th.

4aprice

Alex,

How is the lake? I hope to be down there this weekend fishing with a friend. Knee Deep Club!!!

The lake is great. Water starting to cool a little bit off the summer highs. Traffic was not too heavy Labor Day weekend and already seeing some people pull boats for the season. We'll be going out until at least mid October. No word if there will be a poker run this year but there will be a big wakeboard event the last weekend in September. If you venture into Byram Cove and see a green bowrider named Bubbles, stop by, introduce yourself and have a drink.:beer:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Beetlenut

I think this is great news! Anything that keeps Magic open through the lean years until the financial picture gets better, instead of letting it close for a season, is a great move. I already bought two tickets for this season, but will probably buy the three pack and ski there more. I would think with all the people on here liking the 3-pack deal, we could have an AZ Day there atleast once this season!

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
The lake is great. Water starting to cool a little bit off the summer highs. Traffic was not too heavy Labor Day weekend and already seeing some people pull boats for the season. We'll be going out until at least mid October. No word if there will be a poker run this year but there will be a big wakeboard event the last weekend in September. If you venture into Byram Cove and see a green bowrider named Bubbles, stop by, introduce yourself and have a drink.:beer:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Nice, I heard there were some weed growth issues due to low water level early in the year. I guess it is a short season for some.

Byram cove, I make it a point to stop by whenever I am there. My friends boat is at the marina next to the bridge.

I need to catch a hybrid before the season is out. :grin:

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Nice, didn't know they updated their schedule. It's on my calendar... if the MRG one doesn't kill me :)

Ask Roark how the Magic one was last season:lol:

The guys that showed up for Magic's were animals. If I remember correctly they were doing 30 minute laps and the downhill section on Black Line was not in the best of conditions.

roark

Ask Roark how the Magic one was last season:lol:

The guys that showed up for Magic's were animals. If I remember correctly they were doing 30 minute laps and the downhill section on Black Line was not in the best of conditions.

Thanks for the reminder. :-x

No kidding. Jonathan and another were definitely under 30 minutes (and the ascent was up Magic Carpet > Up your sleeve, not the quicker show-off > wand route) and down an interesting black. I would certainly have been lapped if I had gone for a second ascent. I was very happy to get back into the alpine boots that day...

Pass purchased.

bs, its a petty and ridiculous attempt to throw some back after you repeatedly put your foot in your mouth in that thread. Being passionate about a mountain but not being able to justify spending the coin on a share is PERFECTLY reasonable. I take serious offense to this. I will continue to support magic by buying full price lift tickets and food in their lodge and giving glowing reports of the place to anyone who will listen. I've bought tickets instead of using vouchers that were offered to me and when i was stuck last year, i asked for a voucher instead of a refund. that voucher went unused and i have ZERO problem with that.

this is a great deal and one i will be taking advantage of.

good to hear magic will be available to those who want to go and experience it for all it is.

2knees..I don't get it..why would you hate on someone who is trying to get people to support a struggling ski area??

snowmonster

This is good news! Glad to hear that Magic will be open next year. Weekend and 6" dump openings make a lot of sense in my book. For weekend warriors like me, it'll be like nothing changed.

I can't say I am as passionate as some of the folks here since I only skied Magic twice last season. But, I like the place and will surely head there this season. I can't afford a share but I got a Save Magic shirt and will probably get one of those $120 cards. Every little bit helps, right?

Philpug

Best of luck to Matt and the gang. I am hoping to get back up there with Shaner this season.

4aprice

Yeah it is. I little weedy sometimes, but great none the less.

Are you from Summit, NJ?

Stay in the deeper parts. There are some areas affected by weeds (Liffy Island, River Styx, and any of the shallow back areas). Out in the main areas the water its fine. They did weed havesting this year with a bare bones budget. The best thing that could happen is we have a cold winter and good freeze. I get my boat out from just north of Brady bridge and haven't had any clogged water intakes.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks for the reminder. :-x

No kidding. Jonathan and another were definitely under 30 minutes (and the ascent was up Magic Carpet > Up your sleeve, not the quicker show-off > wand route) and down an interesting black. I would certainly have been lapped if I had gone for a second ascent. I was very happy to get back into the alpine boots that day...

Pass purchased.

Is Roark going to race again this year? So I have a chance not to be DFL? :D

roark

Is Roark going to race again this year? So I have a chance not to be DFL? :D
:p

I don't really care about the racing side of it - I'd have to be a monster to be competitive with fr+/b4's against dynafits, boots with minimal remaining structure, minimal skins and speed suits. More an excuse to get out and use the stuff since I'm usually too lazy if the lifts are turning. Twas interesting to get exposure to that scene.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
:p

I don't really care about the racing side of it - I'd have to be a monster to be competitive with fr+/b4's against dynafits, boots with minimal remaining structure, minimal skins and speed suits. More an excuse to get out and use the stuff since I'm usually too lazy if the lifts are turning. Twas interesting to get exposure to that scene.

I'll take that as a yes :dunce: