• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn switches from Rossignol to Head Skis

Rambo

http://www.skiracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7651&Itemid=2

"Head officially announced that Lindsey Vonn will be a part of its Race Team for the next five years, skiing on Head skis, boots and bindings."

selk.portillo.vonn.jpg

15419_m15.jpg

drjeff

Head makes a really good race ski these days. Now I must somehow refrain from the Lindsey Vonn, Head jokes, as from what I've seen and read, while she does have a dry sense of humor, she's also one class individual!!

Here's hoping to see lots of pictures of Lindsey with gold around her neck and HEAD next to her head in the coming months!

Puck it

Head now has quite a few of the top skiers in the world. Glad to see this. I love their skis, but some this years models have been ruined. The Peak 88 is no where the ski that the Monster 88 was.

skibum9995

This move makes sense. For the past few years Head has had the best speed skis on the mens side, and Lindsey being far and away the best womens speed skier is now on the best gear.

skibum9995

drjeff

That is just last year. Check out 2006-2008.

Take Didier Cuche for example. He switched to Head at the start of the 06-07 season, same year as Bode, when their speed skis started getting good. He has 20 top 3 WC DH finishes since he started racing WC in 1995. 13 of those top 3s are since the switch in 06.

And you know that Lindsey is going to get some of the best stuff that HEAD is making since she argueably has the chance to be THE STAR of Vancouver with her face and HEAD's logo all over the worldwide media, not just at the games, but in the entire build-up to them.

That is just last year. Check out 2006-2008.

Take Didier Cuche for example. He switched to Head at the start of the 06-07 season, same year as Bode, when their speed skis started getting good. He has 20 top 3 WC DH finishes since he started racing WC in 1995. 13 of those top 3s are since the switch in 06.

so last year it was the skiers not the skis responsible for the 3rd place overall...but in 06/07/08 it was the skis, not the skiers? Or was it the wax? :stirpot: Just giving you a hard time, not seriously trying to :argue:

tcharron

And Rossi stopped making Snowboard boots after a grand opening of their 'new snowboard line'. They've also cut down their ski lines. And overall orders for gear is down like 40%. Makes you wonder.

bigbog

Head makes a really good race ski these days. Now I must somehow refrain from the Lindsey Vonn, Head jokes, as from what I've seen and read, while she does have a dry sense of humor, she's also one class individual!!

Here's hoping to see lots of pictures of Lindsey with gold around her neck and HEAD next to her head in the coming months!
...think she can "cut it" without anything else on either!....just the pearls and skis would be nice...but with something over 88mm-wide...:lol:
Rossi's doing ok too with the racing boards...agreed.

Last edited:

ski220

What I'm really amazed at is the possibility that she actually switched ski BOOTS! Usually once a racer finds a boot they like, it's on for life. Don't know what she was wearing before.

"Head officially announced that Lindsey Vonn will be a part of its Race Team for the next five years, skiing on Head skis, boots and bindings."

Hawkshot99

At the level that the top pros are, how much of the stuff they use is the same as the off the shelf gear you and I can buy. I am guessing it is the user, not the brand.