• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Swap/Tent Sales, 2009/2010 Edition

tcharron

It's that time of year again! Cheap deals on last years ubah gear! Or, as others would describe it, the only possible way to keep 3 growing kids on the snow. The intent of this thread is to track ski swaps and tent sales which may be of interested. Please note, by 'tent sale' we're not talking about a '10% off' sale. On the other hand, significant sales may be considered.

If you know of any additional swaps/sales, or have any clarifications on any listed below, feel free to respond and I will keep this post up to date.

I've moved the swaps which have passed by the to bottom of the list, so it's easier to see which swaps are coming up.

Swaps which have already happened.

I'm looking for information on the following ski sales/swaps from previous years.
Looking for more information on these swaps known from the past:

Please note, earlier, there was a swap listed for Mad River Valley.
** THIS WAS NOT OUR MRV **
Not Our Mad River Annual Ski Swap
http://www.skimadriver.com/node/1924

Ascutney Mt, VT

Last edited:

Hawkshot99

Potter Brothers: Store Locations
Swap & Sell Dates / Locations:
October 1-4 (Kingston)
October 16-18 (Middletown)
October 23-25 (Fishkill)
November 11-15 (Poughkeepsie)

Jiminy Peak:
Oct 10-12

Glenn

The local ski shops in the Mt. Snow Valley area will set up tents for Oktoberfest 10/10/2009 - 10/11/2009. They don't have ski swaps, but it's usually pretty deep discounts on last year's gear. They do the same thing for labor day as well.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for taking the time to compile this together. I know it can be time consuming.

I've been wondering the last few days if I should do the demo days thread again this year. I'm not sure how much use people get out of it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Thanks for taking the time to compile this together. I know it can be time consuming.

I've been wondering the last few days if I should do the demo days thread again this year. I'm not sure how much use people get out of it.
There are three threads I set to email notify when a new post is added

The "skiing on the cheap" thread
The "ski sale/swap" thread
and the "Demo Days" thread.

I wasn't able to make any of the official AZ days last season, but did stumble upon a Nordica demo at Blue.

tcharron

There are three threads I set to email notify when a new post is added

The "skiing on the cheap" thread
The "ski sale/swap" thread
and the "Demo Days" thread.

I wasn't able to make any of the official AZ days last season, but did stumble upon a Nordica demo at Blue.

Does it send email notifications when I *change* the post? Just wondering if I should post when I update the list, if it wasn't from just bringing in information from one of the other posts.

tcharron

Can't speak for everyone, but I used it to go up to Sunday River on the right day. :-D

tcharron

madskier6

Great job, tcharron, in compiling all these. I do, however, have a correction.

The sale you posted for Mad River is not a swap/sale held at Mad River Glen in Fayston, VT. Rather, it is a swap/sale for Mad River Mountain in Zanesfield, OH. You may want to delete that entry since I think not many people on AZ would be intererested in that sale. :wink: I never realized there was another Mad River ski area.

tcharron

Great job, tcharron, in compiling all these. I do, however, have a correction.

The sale you posted for Mad River is not a swap/sale held at Mad River Glen in Fayston, VT. Rather, it is a swap/sale for Mad River Mountain in Zanesfield, OH. You may want to delete that entry since I think not many people on AZ would be intererested in that sale. :wink: I never realized there was another Mad River ski area.

Noice Catch!

When I did a search for it, I saw Mad river, put it up there, and never even *considered* that it wasn't OUR MRV! Fixing it now.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Here's a new one:

Nestors Used Equipment Sale :http://www.nestors.com/public/events.asp?EventID=84

Date: 9/25/2009 to 9/27/2009
To: 5:00pm
Event Description: Bring in your used ski or snowboard equipment and apparel now for sale in our annual Used Equipment Sale which runs Friday, September 25 starting at 5pm, through Sunday, September 27 during our normal store hours. All equipment needs to be in workable order and within industry standards. We aid you in establishing an agreed upon selling price. We store, advertise and sell your offerings during the hours of the sale. Whatever sells, you receive 100% in store credit to buy new toys!
Contact Information: 2510 MacArthur Rd. Whiehall, PA 18052 (610) 433-6051