• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you know when it's getting close to rip it!!!

UVSHTSTRM

37 degrees in the UV this morning...........it's getting close. Of course next week the temps are suppose to be in the 70's all week. I did look at western and northern Maine temps yesterday and the long range.........a day or two in the 40's low 50's for highs.

bvibert

Staff member
37 degrees in the UV this morning...........it's getting close. Of course next week the temps are suppose to be in the 70's all week. I did look at western and northern Maine temps yesterday and the long range.........a day or two in the 40's low 50's for highs.

It was around that at about 8am down here in CT this morning too, saw 38 on my car temperature display. The first time of the season that the display showed the little snow flake to warn that there might be icy conditions, another sign that winter is coming! :spread:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Last week was the first time I smelled that distinct smell of freshly fallen leaves. I love that smell. Fall officially begins tomorrow!
It wasn't much, but enough. I'm figuring on about 3 weeks of MTB left for me, then I'll call the season.

bvibert

Staff member
It wasn't much, but enough. I'm figuring on about 3 weeks of MTB left for me, then I'll call the season.

I keep going until the skis come out. I would try riding during the winter too, but I only have time to devote to one hobby at a time.

Wet leaves can be a bit of a pain though...

bvibert

Staff member
That's why I call it quits. I'll do some street rides just for exercise. That's probabily just as dangerous considering I live in Jersey...

You just need to pick your line more carefully. I still go skiing in less than ideal conditions, so why should it be any different with MTB?

bvibert

Staff member
You just need to pick your line more carefully. I still go skiing in less than ideal conditions, so why should it be any different with MTB?

Then again the risk of falling into a rock garden is a lot less with skiing, so you may be onto something there Root...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Where I go, the leaves will pretty much cover the whole trail. At times, it's tough to even distinguish if you're even still on the trail.

bvibert

Staff member
Where I go, the leaves will pretty much cover the whole trail. At times, it's tough to even distinguish if you're even still on the trail.

Same here, it can be challenging for sure. I tend to stick to trails that I know well.