• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are you a 'chairlift sticker' criminal???

thetrailboss

Staff member
You know the type...slapping stickers on chairlifts left and right...some funny some not.

I personally have not done so.

The funniest one I've seen was a meat label that someone took off of their hamburgers and applied to one of the pylons on Burke's Quad: "GROUND CHUCK: 20% FAT." Kinda random. I've also seen one at Pats Peak from Crotched with, well, some other words added.

And then there are the random inverted Sugarloaf stickers at Sunday River.

Greg

Staff member
It's vandalism in my opinion.

GrizzlyFD

What about the bra tree at kmart? Always funny to see what the latest fashions are...or maybe not... :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Blue Hills was the worst though...they had graffitti on their buildings and even the double. It was really :( to see that. No respect at all.

SkiDork

BeanoNYC said:
Greg said:
It's vandalism in my opinion.

I'm going to laugh the day I see an Alpinezone.com sticker on a lift pole. ;)

Thats one of the reason we're reluctant to make KillingtonZone stickers.

Anyone who's familiar with Killington has prolly seen the many "WillieChu" stickers. Sux for him, if they wanted to they might be able to take action against him in some way.

Someone once said they saw people handing out stickers but they would peel the back off and hand it to them that way. Seems it would be tougher for them to just put anywhere.

ctenidae

I have a feeling the resorts work to remove the stickers more as a liability issue than anything else. If it looks like it's okay to put stickers up, people will put more up, creating what is called an "Attractive Menace". The resort could be at fault for making it seem okay to lean way off a chair and slap a sticker on the pole. So when Joe Punknut reaches out to slap his band's sticer on the pole, his mommy could sue the resort when he ends up planted feet up in the snow.

Cynical, perhaps. But it's not like the stickers cause any structural harm, and some are pretty funny.

djspookman

Some of the stickers can be funny, others can be a little "off-color" unfortunately.

It was funny to see an Okemo sticker on one of the t-bar towers at Breckenridge last week though.

dave

awf170

Not a chairlift, but still pretty awsome...
P5120081.jpg