• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any color in southern VT yet?

abc

Good weather Saturday in the forecast. Thinking of heading up north for some leave peeping (by bike or by kayak). But maybe it's still a bit too early for the color to show?

roark

early fall in SW NH - swamp maples been going for awhile now and getting some yellows and oranges as well, I imagine S VT is about the same.

Glenn

Good weather Saturday in the forecast. Thinking of heading up north for some leave peeping (by bike or by kayak). But maybe it's still a bit too early for the color to show?

Not quite yet. As of last weekend, it was still fairly green. But as you know, things can change without notice here in New England.

Glenn

Things must have moved quickly this week. I just read on the Mt Snow season passholders site that the colors should be almost peak this weekend.

Glenn

I'm confused! If I can...I'll post from the BB tomorrow afternoon with an update.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Leaves are just getting started here in the MRV. Lostone has some shots posted from a couple of days ago on www.skimrv.com

There is no specific date for peak, it varies greatly depending on location and the weather. We had a discussion about the change today and it was pretty much agreed that there is a nice overall color change going on vs leaves changing diferently in patches like the last couple of years. If we don't get a big windy storm in the next couple of weeks things are looking very good.

It's going to be in the high 20's/low 30's tonight which should give the process a nice kick. Sorry we are not considering blowing some snow tonight. Lots of rumors around that a resort or 2 might blow a patch of marketing snow. The Bush did that in the mid 90's, having a friendly contest with kmart. It was fun but it got old pretty quick.Sometimes when your part of it your judgemnt gets alittle skewed. :D

That report about Mt Snow's color peaking this weekend sounds abit sketchy but, hey, it's mother nature or maybe it's marketing. :wink:

Maybe the live webcoms at various resorts around the NE would be a way to check. If Jay has one I would suspect they would have some decent color. If Mt Snow has a live webcam pehaps it shows the mountain.

As what's his name would say here is a pic for some fall color stoke from last year shot just above Warren Falls.
warrenfalls091.jpg

Last edited:

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
The leaves are certainly starting to change here in the greater Ludlow-metro area. I'd say give it another week or so to reach peak.