• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have some recon mission photos from a Diva who was at the Loaf yesterday! Misery Whip:
Looking uphill from roughly mid-run:
ry%3D400

Looking downhill to end of run:
ry%3D400

Entrance to this run was seriously "obscured." Entrance to it is TINY. Had to ski adjacent run to mid-point in order to find a way to get in and take the pics. (Nope, didn't ski it, hiked back out!)

Another bump run currently "unmowed" - much wider, usually groomed (Spillway) - all natural, not seeded:
ry%3D400

Seriously steep bumps. Upper section of Winter's Way, as seen from Spillway cross-cut:
ry%3D400
:D

BackLoafRiver

I will be there. I am gonna be at Saddleback Friday, and will join up with you guys for the apres Saturday and Skiing Sunday. I have a commitment all day Saturday that will prevent me from being there during the day. Looking forward to it and to meeting all of you!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Still think it's an odd choice for a bump comp. Where are the spectators going to watch? Are they going to put any kickers in?
Seems like Spillway as shown in her photos might work better for spectators, but what do I know? Won't be there for that part of the trip, that's for sure!

wa-loaf

Seems like Spillway as shown in her photos might work better for spectators, but what do I know? Won't be there for that part of the trip, that's for sure!

Skidder is the trail they use for most bump comps:
2-12-10%20bumps.jpg

Madroch

Just checked the date in hopes of bringing the whole family... Sat. is districts for pinewood derby... the one year my son's car doesn't come in last in the town derby....

madskier6

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Woodcore (also skiing Friday at Saddleback and possibly Thursday and Monday as well
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
Peter F. (he says he's been trying to sign up to AZ.....but I don't know how hard.........)
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark
thetrailboss & SO
o3jeff
rocoJerry (+ AZ recruits?)
madskier6 & son Kevin & his friend Kyle

I'm officially in as I got my reservation today. I'll be at Saddleback on Friday also. Driving up from Portsmouth, NH early Friday a.m. I'm really looking forward to this trip!

I got a studio at Sugartree for 3 of us & got the $157 per person price. Any group with only 3 members (who can't find a fourth) should ask about a studio when you call.

Let's hope the Loaf misses all this rain & crappy weather. I hope we have great conditions that weekend but even if we don't, it's gonna be a blast!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
if my plans for Stowe fall apart, I'll show up. Reports are the skiing at Stowe has not been too pleasureable, with a shallow base and thaw-freeze cycles leaving things pretty crusty.

I'm assuming I can find a group to bunk up with?