• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

wa-loaf

Curious why misery whip for a bump comp? It's a cool trail, but there are other trails I'd pick for a comp.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Or use their day camp if you gots the cash. http://www.sugarloaf.com/SkiSchool/kids_programs.html

I'm *really* considering it if they end up having a deal good enough to bring the family up.

I don't. Hence the hope for free babysitting back at home. ;) Besides, it would be hard enough keeping up on homework between the festivities--the rugrats would make that impossible. Mama deserves a vacation, too! :D

Greg

Staff member
Curious why misery whip for a bump comp? It's a cool trail, but there are other trails I'd pick for a comp.

Don't look at it as a WC style bump comp. It's not supposed to be, but rather an old school throw-down! 8) Seriously, I think it's going to be pretty casual, and meant just for fun/bragging rights. Not even sure how it will be judged. Might just be a timed event. The Whip is an ass kicker and should be a hoot watching everyone try to get down in one piece as quick as possible. It was also selected since it's easy to rope off from the general skiing public.

snowmonster

Nice! Congrats to all of those who put this together. My smile got wider and wider as I read the article. I'm clearing my calendar on that weekend! Thanks!

AZ invades SL! (I'm reminded of that scene in Caddyshack where the caddies invade the pool.)

Alright, how do we tell who's an AZ'er or not? Secret handshake?

What happens if you're a passholder?

MR. evil

What do you mean, I was going to let you do the 7 hours of driving.

If we can swing this, you can car pool with me and Randi.

Nice work Greg! This should be an awsome event, you really rasied the bar for future AZ outtings.

gmcunni

just curious and the answer won't change my mind about going - what type of weather do they have in late march? i've never skied that far north, will it be spring skiing at that point?

BackLoafRiver

Awesome!!! Thanks Greg for putting this together. I am gonna make reservations as soon as you can! Looks like a killer weekend. :beer:

wa-loaf

just curious and the answer won't change my mind about going - what type of weather do they have in late march? i've never skied that far north, will it be spring skiing at that point?

Could go either way. 2 years ago they got like 100 inches in April.

bvibert

Staff member
This is gonna be great, nice work on this Greg and the guys at Sugarloaf! :beer:

Greg

Staff member

No real experience at the Loaf at that time of year, but I'd imagine, we have an equal chance of sweet spring skiing, deep powder, or frozen granular. Cross your fingers for one of the first two... :lol: