• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

Greg

Staff member
I'd be happy to room with Riv and anyone else looking to ski hard, throw back a few tasty brews and sleep like a log.

I'm already set with lodging, but otherwise that's my plan as well. Heading up Thursday and might try to get a few turns in the afternoon. Then it's 9-4 ripping Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm already set with lodging, but otherwise that's my plan as well. Heading up Thursday and might try to get a few turns in the afternoon. Then it's 9-4 ripping Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm still going to try and hit up Saddleback on Fri, then drive over for the "reception" Fri night, and be humiliated Sat and Sun in front of my fake internet friends.

Greg

Staff member
I'm still going to try and hit up Saddleback on Fri, then drive over for the "reception" Fri night, and be humiliated Sat and Sun in front of my fake internet friends.

Was considering Saddleback on Friday as well, but I'm staying at the Loaf. Gonna be tough to wake up, look at the mighty Loaf and then drive an hour to ski after driving 6+ the day before to get there...

I still might be swayed though.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My plan is still to hit Sunday River on Friday and the head over to the Loaf. If the conditions look prime, I may go to Saddleback as the only time I've been there was a couple of days after a rain event and the conditions were terrible. I'd really like to check out their glades as they were unskiable when I went last.

roark

Thinking saddleback on Friday. Prob just drive up crazy early Friday day though.

Edit: or maybe a cheap room on the way up ~ Gorham.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Is there going to be a wet t-shirt contest by any chance?

That could really boost the number of interested members.

Heh heh... "members"

reefer

Rounding up the troops. I'll be making a reservation before Thanksgiving. Since I see all this Saddleback talk, I thought I'd throw in that we'll definitely be heading to Saddleback on Friday. We plan on driving up Thursday night and staying at Sugarloaf if we can work out a deal for the third night, if not we'll look closer to Saddleback. Yes, instead of walking to the lift Friday, we could be driving an hour. Too close not to try it out for the first time.

Greg

Staff member
Yes, instead of walking to the lift Friday, we could be driving an hour. Too close not to try it out for the first time.

All right, reef. I'm in for heading over to Saddleback for Friday. You convinced me. Gotta check the place out.

MrMagic

ill be at saddleback on friday too - you guys will love the place

madskier6

I'm gonna hit Saddleback on Friday also. I'll be staying in Portsmouth, NH Thurs. night, get up early Friday & do the 4 hour drive to Saddleback. Then enjoy the weekend at the Loaf. This is gonna be great!

MrMagic

looks like we will have a kick ass saddleback crew for friday!!

dropKickMurphy

All right, reef. I'm in for heading over to Saddleback for Friday. You convinced me. Gotta check the place out.

It's not a bad drive at all. Just did a backpacking trip from Saddleback to Sugarloaf. We left one car at Sugarloaf and drove the other down to Saddleback. I think it was less than 1 hour. You'll have some great views of Saddleback on your approach from the North.

If you plan on stopping for breakfast on the way from SL to SB, I'd recommend the Looney Moose in Eustice. Their homemade corned beef hash was maybe the best I've ever had.

I'm thinking of doing this trip. If I do, I'll probably be doing Saddleback on Friday as well. I have a strong feeling that those who do Saddleback on Friday and the Loaf on Sat/Sun will immediately start making plans to return the following year. The rebirth of Saddleback changes the equation of that region from "too far to drive" to "possibly the best 3-day-weekend destination in New England"

Maybe a short apres gathering at the Swig N Smelt Friday afternoon before heading up to the Loaf? No better spot anywhere to enjoy a couple of well earned cold ones while watching the sun set over the lakes far below.