ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Great job Greg. The snow should be just great....kudos to you getting the mob up here away from the crowds. ...And there's always Saddleback as well.

Beetlenut: fwiw, once above Portland...traffic disintegrates...

Steve: Take care of the thumb....man I broke a small bone at my right thumb's base three years ago.....getting stronger, but not being over muscular in wrists...takes a long time, but am still in advanced rehab-mode.....

$.01,
    steved
    SteveD

Smile

this trip might cut into prime sundown bumps on gunny

The piks you have upthread of The Whip are right after a grooming. Boyne groomed it more frequently than in the past last season, especially late, I think to keep from getting bare spots in the hollows between the bumps. I gotta hunch they'll let it get nice and bumped up for your event.

Late March and April are the best of times at the Loaf. The sun's high. It's (usually) warmer. The nights are cold enough to set things up nicely overnight. But by mid-morning the bumps soften up and sprout all over the mountain. Hero snow. Snow's deep in the woods. You can spend all day on the upper lifts and avoid the mashed potatoes at the bottom. The Backside softens up early because its east exposure gets first rays. I like to pound myself silly and wind down with a few lazy cruisers on Timberline (the summit lift) at the end of the day. Take in the Washington to Katahdin view.

No I'm not an employee, just another Mainiac/Loafer. We're proud of our hill. Make the trip--the only regret you'll have is not doing it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Great job Greg. The snow should be just great....kudos to you getting the mob up here away from the crowds. ...And there's always Saddleback as well.
    Now you're talking! Hit Saddleback on Friday, pre-party at the Swig N' Smelt, then make the short drive up to the Loaf for the Friday night party.

Funny thing is, we're doing a backpacking trip next week from Saddleback to Sugarloaf. The plan is to ascend Saddleback on Thursday via the ski trails, and pick up the AT. On Sunday, we'll hit the summit of Sugarloaf, and descend via the ski trails. We picked this itinerary specifically to build stoke for the ski season.

Three days of skiing Saddleback and Sugarloaf would be a perfect way to close out the season.

gonna have to put this on the calendar as a definite maybe. The Loaf is on my list of things to do this season.

Any other Divas thinking of going?

This looks great. I'll be there. Just not sure if I can make it up by Friday night. Great job, Greg & Sugarloaf!!
    Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

Quote Originally Posted by dropKickMurphy View Post
    Now you're talking! Hit Saddleback on Friday, pre-party at the Swig N' Smelt, then make the short drive up to the Loaf for the Friday night party.

Three days of skiing Saddleback and Sugarloaf would be a perfect way to close out the season.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If I'm going to drive up there, it only makes sense to hit both areas, because I probably won't be back for a while. Hopefully I can make it happen.
    I also do the Twitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler View Post
    How do we plan for this and Reggaefest?
    We plan on this and Reggaefest. Sugarloaf? In..
    Todo: Cannon, *Wildcat*, *Black*, Pico, MRG, Magic.

11/12 [28]: Sunday River @dawn 2, Sugarloaf 5, Sugarbush 5, Saddleback, Mt Abram, Stowe, Loon 2, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Eldora, Burke,
    Sugarbush, Jay Peak 2, Smuggs, Killington

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    I would love to go but I dont know if I can swing a weekend or that drive. 400 miles and 7 hours...
    Unfortunately I am out. Friend is getting married that weekend.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information