• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley - 12/28

jct

Wednesday December 28

Bromley

Granular

We started out today at Magic, but while standing in the ticket line we saw folks asking for their $ back. I spoke with a National Ski Patroler who told me there was only 1 trail open from the top. :cry:

So we headed down the road to Bromley. It was quite crowded but they had all lifts running which kept things moving. Many trails were not yet open so the open ones were crowded. We skied through lunch when everyone went in and had the place to ourselves for a few runs.

The conditions were pretty good considering the recent rain. There was still plenty of stuff to push around on the trail, and plenty of cover at the edges.

A good time was had by all. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Welcome to the boards and thanks for the trip report...we don't hear much about Bromley.

skiguy

Bromley

Thanks for the report. I opted not to ski this week as it certainly must be very crouded.

jct

An interesting bit of history:

We rode up on the quad with a condo owner from Bromley. He told us that Bromley used to own Magic and when they sold it they took the snow guns! He also told us that Stratton used to own Bromley, when they sold it they took snow guns and a lift! It sounds like a ski area monopoly game.

skiguy

Monopoly

When did Bromley own Magic? That's news to me. I always thought Stratton was independent as well.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
jct said:
An interesting bit of history:

We rode up on the quad with a condo owner from Bromley. He told us that Bromley used to own Magic and when they sold it they took the snow guns! He also told us that Stratton used to own Bromley, when they sold it they took snow guns and a lift! It sounds like a ski area monopoly game.
yes, bromley left magic in really poor shape. makes sense from a business point of view to leave a mountain with far superior terrain only a few miles away in bad shape and take all the equipment you can. really tough blow to recover from when previous owners neglect a ski area that bad. i was unaware of stratton owning bromley and would like more beta on that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting. One of Magic's lifts ended up at the BEast...the Summit Triple.

Pretty sad considering all of the good things I hear about Magic.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
magic has had a lot of lift swaps. i can't remember about them all but there is a ton of info over on the nelsap forum if any one is interested in searching. the lifts currently in operation have no shortage of interesting histories themselves.