• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'09 damage report

bvibert

Staff member
I was bummed for you Bri!!! You were only about 2 miles in at that point.

The rest of our ride sucked anways, don't worry about it!!! ;-)

Yeah, I was actually kinda looking forward to having my ass kicked by you and Woodcore. Oh well, another time.

bvibert

Staff member
That's sucks! Didn't you get those wheels this year?

Look into a Hope Pro2 rear hub to replace the broken one. They are not too expensive, have good engagement and are pretty solid. So far I love mine. XT rear hubs also get good reviews and can be found cheap. They are just difficult to service. Or just get a Chris King hub.

As of right now my budget is $0.00. Cheap will be the order of the day.

WoodCore

Yeah, I was actually kinda looking forward to having my ass kicked by you and Woodcore. Oh well, another time.

If it makes you feel any better B, I ended up having my ass kicked pretty good trying to keep up with Rueler tonight.

yesmandroc

Rear axle is broken (apparently has been for a while). Am now bike-less. Guess I have to pay off the bike I have on layaway a bit faster than I planned.

MR. evil

Rear axle is broken (apparently has been for a while). Am now bike-less. Guess I have to pay off the bike I have on layaway a bit faster than I planned.

What are you getting for a new bike? You could always buy a cheap rear wheel to get you through the rest of the season.

My new fork is only 2 months old and already blown. Its leaking fork oil from the compression adjustment knob. When ever the fork comes close to bottoming out the fork crown gets covered in oil. So this one will be sent back for a re-built and the old Nixon will go back on the bike for a while.

yesmandroc

What are you getting for a new bike? You could always buy a cheap rear wheel to get you through the rest of the season.

I'm getting a Specialized FSRxc. I'm not going to put money into my current bike right now. I bought it for under $300 and have been wearing it down for a few months. Who knows what's going to break next. I'd rather get the FSR sooner.

o3jeff

Wasn't that almost 2 months ago? Bummer your finger is still bugging you!

Yes it was, but I guess you are suppose to get a finger looked at right away after hurting it, I didn't until my physical last week(over a month after) and I am pretty much stuck with it how it is now. I am trying to upload pics, but getting error message.

o3jeff

15s1095.jpg

2ns2y6g.jpg

o3jeff

Dude, that sucks! Your doc said it's going to stay that way? :(

He said that is the worst case. X-rayed it and nothing broken, just swollen tissue. It moves and works fine with not pain, just can't straighten it out unless I force it and then it hurts.