• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RIP - Captain Lou Albano dies at 76

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Legendary wrestling figure Captain Lou Albano, perhaps best known for his association with pop singer Cyndi Lauper, died Wednesday, according to World Wrestling Entertainment.

art.obit.lou.albano.jpg

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/14/obit.albano/

Damn...I loved watching him when I was a kid. RIP Capt Lou!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Amazing that he lived until 76. I would imagine the average life span of those associated with professional wrestling to be much younger.

RIP Lou

Mildcat

When I was a kid the whole Lou and the Wild Samoans vs. Jimmy Snuka got me into the WWF. Great stuff.

Glenn

Wow! That's a shame. But as mentioned, he did live a pretty long life.

bigbog

...Yeah, Lou and the Chief..& others. Had a granddad on father's side that lived in Hartford, originally from Germany...trumpet player and grape/wine grower/squeezer, that really believed that stuff was legitimate. The supermen!..:roll:..Saturday afternoons with wrestling on the tv was like our Monday Night Football...so funny.