• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thule Box- Help

Skier75

duct tape?

Yep, worked for us.....since I did the same thing a few years ago to ours. Was backing into the garage when the door wasn't opened all the way, didn't notice...slam right into the Thule box. I freaked out and thought oh $hit, hubby's not gonna be happy. Was able to bend the slices the door made in the box back in place and I made the suggestion to duct tape it both inside and out and it's been holding since. Only other thing I think happened was it kinda wrenched the lock area and was a little hard to open and close for a while, but I think over time we've worked the kinks out.....saved buying another Thule box.

Think of it this way with all the other stickers on it who's gonna notice, besides it's up top, nobody's gonna see it unless they're looking for it. 'Sides, it adds character...... ;)

meff

This is why we got new garage doors...almost nailed the new box before we did. Of course we were planning on doing it anyhow so it wasn't a big deal. If only we got the 9' doors instead so I could fit the yaks in on top of the Pathfinder.