• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Subaru Outback

koreshot

Unless you try to insure a WRX. :lol:

Yeah and if you own the 2008 model you would first have to sell it to get the 2009/10... since the 2008 was a soft tippy tub for the masses.

SKIQUATTRO

looks like subie missed the boat on the new roof racks...dont look like you can attach aftermarket thule or yak load bars with a footpack...that really limits what you can put up top.....

koreshot

looks like subie missed the boat on the new roof racks...dont look like you can attach aftermarket thule or yak load bars with a footpack...that really limits what you can put up top.....

Really? I thought that the new Outback came with fold-away cross bars to reduce noise and save fuel. Pretty smooth if you ask me. Does the thule/yak stuff not attach to the fancy new cross bars?

wa-loaf

Really? I thought that the new Outback came with fold-away cross bars to reduce noise and save fuel. Pretty smooth if you ask me. Does the thule/yak stuff not attach to the fancy new cross bars?

Yes, but those are limited by weight. You can usually put a lot more on top if using the footpacks.

koreshot

Yes, but those are limited by weight. You can usually put a lot more on top if using the footpacks.

I thought virtually all Subie wagon/crossover/suvs came with a builtin roof rack, so the only difference is that the new Outback has the cool fold-away ones. So what you guys are saying is that the new fold-aways specifically don't allow the foot packs because of their design? That is a bummer.

SKIQUATTRO

yes, you can use thule or yak accessories to attach directly to the new subie load bars (cross bars), but I like to use the Thule load bars with footpak as it 1. will hold more weight and you can get the extended load bars to fit more up top...with the current subie set up you could prob get 2 bikes up there, with thule or yak loadbars and footpak, you could get 4 bikes and a kayak or a cargo box and a bike...the new subie roof rack is very limititing.....personally, i dont trust factory load bars....my volvo xc70 had the bars going down the length of the car where i attached my footpak and thule loadbars...thats not possible with the new subie set up,,,you are stuck with what they gave you....

Philpug

Just ordered new car, bye bye Subaru, you lost a faithful.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I ordered a 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen.
Keep us posted on how that new wagon works out! Definitely is at the top of my short list for when I need to upgrade. For now, my car is fully paid off and running problem free at 155k, so it may be one year or three, but I am trying to get a feel for my options at this point.

wa-loaf

I ordered a 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen.

Nice

Keep us posted on how that new wagon works out! Definitely is at the top of my short list for when I need to upgrade. For now, my car is fully paid off and running problem free at 155k, so it may be one year or three, but I am trying to get a feel for my options at this point.

Definitely

Philpug

I think with 4 snows it will do me fine come winter time.

SKIQUATTRO

loved every VW and AUDI i've ever had, all have been issue free....love german engineering...have fun...my 1st car was a 2dr Golf, 5spd....