• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
From Steve Kimock (posted on his site):

SAD DAY

I have good days and bad days. This is not one of my better days. My sense of loss, grief and confusion have been building slowly since Ramrod passed, and now with the news of Vince's utterly tragic departure from this world, I am charged with the personal reflection and comparison of the loss of these two friends and brothers.

I can't say enough good about Ramrod. Never will. Never could. In the brief time I had to work closely with him, his stability, determination, patience, strength, and capability completely changed my view of how a man could relate to his work and life by virtue of his character.

In my heart, I know that my friend Ramrod was at peace with his death,
As he was one with this world in his life.
Scatter the ashes and turn the page.
We will love and miss you forever.
Thanks man.

I don't think Vince moved as easily through this world or into the next as Ramrod did. We had some great times, great gigs, and I learned more about harmony from Vince playing his music than I ever learned anywhere else. But through it all, he was possessed of a nervous, lonely energy that always seemed to be on the verge of teetering out of control.

I loved and respected Vince, and reached out to him when he needed energy I thought I could provide. It wasn't enough. He needed more people to reach out to him. In more meaningful ways. He was important and special and fragile and somehow, I feel we failed him.

Look around you, look at this world. See the beauty in it. Now take responsibility for the darkness that we all feel when we turn our heads from our heroes and our friends, when we turn our backs on injustice and let that pain force us inside ourselves.

We all know people who are as important, special and fragile as Vince. Please reach out, please love, and ask nothing in return.

Lets not lose any more friends behind "too little too late."

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Better days ahead. Keep the faith.
Love, Deeply, S.K.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
Rich did you end up buying tickets fro any of the Phil shows? Who else is going to grab a leg or this tour? I saw DMC is going to Bethel and Roark is hitting Saratoga. I'm in on Camden through Bost.

I didn't grab any tickets yet ..... I've been busy with the end of the school year and neglecting my duties as a deadhead. I'll probably be hitting up Saratoga .... maybe a mid-atlantic show with as well.

dmc

ckofer said:
Look around you, look at this world. See the beauty in it. Now take responsibility for the darkness that we all feel when we turn our heads from our heroes and our friends, when we turn our backs on injustice and let that pain force us inside ourselves.

We all know people who are as important, special and fragile as Vince. Please reach out, please love, and ask nothing in return.

Steve Kimock is amazing... Well said..
I'm guilty of Vince blasting... But they've been featuring GDead with him on Sirius and he really was great...

dmc

Bob R said:
Rich did you end up buying tickets fro any of the Phil shows? Who else is going to grab a leg or this tour? I saw DMC is going to Bethel and Roark is hitting Saratoga. I'm in on Camden through Bost.

One of my bands is playing a big party near New Paltz then night before the Bethel Show...

you comig to Bethel??

Vortex

If Phil was not closing the show I would DMC. I would catch him and head home. Just Can't make Bethel as I see it. Not ruling out a last minute change of heart, but got a job that allows me little time off in the summer. Just to old to drive thought the night and be functional. I actually have a real job. I hope your gig goes well.

Kimock ..... he is the reason I MO for my 1st Phil and Friends show, he just bailed before I got there. Man can he play.

dmc

Bob R said:
If Phil was not closing the show I would DMC. I would catch him and head home. Just Can't make Bethel as I see it. Not ruling out a last minute change of heart, but got a job that allows me little time off in the summer. Just to old to drive thought the night and be functional. I actually have a real job. I hope your gig goes well.

Kimock ..... he is the reason I MO for my 1st Phil and Friends show, he just bailed before I got there. Man can he play.

I hear ya... I had to do some finageling to get the Sunday off... Was supposed to go to CA for work... But now... Bethel!!!

It's pretty cool being on the site of the Woodstock 69 concert.. All the freaks outside the fence protesting... The monument...
Cool scene!

Vortex

IF I dont have something going on and ticketrs are availible last min i'll hit the Lowell show. I would like to see Jack and Jorma, but I'll be in Camden. Memory slow there was a July 3rd show by someone also of interest, but I'll be in Hartford.

Vortex

I have all tickets except Bost. Allotments have been interesting. I got a 9th row for CT. Thought it was row 1 at 1st. It was an( i) not a 1. Still pretty good. Other shows I'm under the sheds, but back a bit. Last night at Bonaroo.... Phil closed the event. Mixed reports on set list. Some have a St Stephen on it some do not. Streamiing problems. Starting to get pysched. Sounds like a few folks are hitting Saratoga and Bethel, anyone going anywere else?

deadheadskier

Staff member
anyone catch the live broadcast last night of Phil and Friends from Bonnaroo? It was pretty incredible. Far better performance than the one I caught in Albany last December

Vortex

I did not catch the stream. Stories of the stream breaking down. I thought Buffalo was better than the Albany Scofield show. They got another Scofield Althea last night. Busy back and forth e-mails confirming hotel reservation getting tickets in. Lot scene.

I love the over planning of the tour. So Far
1), new portable grill and propane tanks.
2) Fold up chairs and umbrella already packed.
3) case of new castles
4) oil change, tire rotation.
5) tickets to all but Bost.
6) relevant cell numbers programmed in.

To do and debating. A) (pop up shelter) will decide after weather checked out. Probably going.
b) fold up pinic table
c) rug to stand on beats a hot parking lot
d) shirts, shorts and sandles all ready.
e) the feast.
f)map quest and maps and a little luck.
g)hoop up with Beano NYC and roark in saratoga.

Beano.... Send me a pm if you want the hotel we are staying at in Saratoga. George, Midnight, Robbie,Carlo (DNC) are there. ow ya me too.

Vortex

No bethel. Camden is a yup, with Carlo, Robbie and Midnight. Leaving next thurs night and driving 1/2 way. How about PNC is that somewhere near you? Roark pm responded to.

BeanoNYC

PNC is quite close, but I'm trying to stay away from there and Jones Beach because I don't want to bump into any students.

BeanoNYC

I've bumped into students at other concerts and didn't like it. I just don't want to see them partying at a show. I'd feel obligated to say something to them. Non of em are hardcore enough to road trip to a show, so I figure this is the best way to go. Besides, I don't need to be dancing with a beer in my hand at a show and have a picture taken with a cell phone and put up on myspace or facebook. ;)