• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

ChileMass

Oh, man - the squares just don't get it, now do they? Hef is standing off to the side trying to boogie with his date and doesn't realize this isn't the kind of dance music he's used to. By about halfway through St. Stephen I'm guessing he wished he had agreed to book Sly & the Family Stone instead. Bet the Dead never played there again. Wow.....

Great version of Mountains of the Moon. Young Garcia with no glasses throughout and being interviewed by Hef! How ridiculous, but he plays it straight. What a pro. Check out the massive beehive hairdos on the chickies at the Playboy Club. And that's TC (Tom Constanten) on organ who was with the band for about 2 years from 1968-70. There's a couple of brief shots of Pig playing congas in the back almost at the end of St. Stephen.

Oh, boy - that's a keeper. Thanks for finding it!!

BeanoNYC

ChileMass said:
And that's TC (Tom Constanten) on organ who was with the band for about 2 years from 1968-70. There's a couple of brief shots of Pig playing congas in the back almost at the end of St. Stephen.
!

I should have known that ..... thanks!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
BeanoNYC said:
Grateful Dead on Playboy After Dark 1969

Really cool footage. Mountains of the moon and St. Stephen. (Chopped down for time) Get a load of them!!!!! Phil is the best. Where's Pigpen though? Looks like they had a fill-in.....no?

Enjoy!

That is awesome find, Beano..quality is avg at best, but wow, the boys look great and you can tell they were having fun with the bunnies. :)

Oh, I caught a glimpse of pigpen during st. stephen like chilemass said....

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
BeanoNYC said:
ChileMass said:
And that's TC (Tom Constanten) on organ who was with the band for about 2 years from 1968-70. There's a couple of brief shots of Pig playing congas in the back almost at the end of St. Stephen.
!

I should have known that ..... thanks!

My 13 yr old and I watched it last night. He was pretty sure that the organist was Kip from Napoleon Dynamite. see http://www.timandshawna.net/tim_movies/napoleon_dynamite/napoleon_dynamite.html
. This is the same kid who, while be quizzed on band members on a GD special on tv, declared Phil to be "Bill Gates better looking brother?" . It's time to have the talk.

Vortex

Tc was in the mix at that time. I had seen a VHS version of this a while back. Very cool linc. DH of the day in my book. Thankx for the linc. :beer:

I love how it was easy forward the treat. It was shared.

Phil and friends Beacon tickets are are sale today at ticket master. www.ticketmaster.com

I support Ruby and crew at www.gdtstoo.com myself

Vortex

How is the stone church? I have heard that a few good acts have played there. and thanks for the tip.

I got my Phili Phil tickets. Pitt for Sat Decent double letter seats Orch Right center for Friday and Sunday. GDTSToo took good care of me thanks Ruby and Crew.

GGreen

Phish reunion rumor!

" Phish has registered a new domain (as of 11/29/05), www.jemprecords.com, with JEMP presumably standing for Jon Ernest Mike Page. It isn't clear whether this is a new label, a new company, or just a site to promo the MSG 12/31/95 release.

The rumor part (as discussed on PT and ohkeepa) is that "Dionysian Productions and JEMP" has purportedly reserved MSG for 10/28/06 and 10/29, and the Philly Spectrum for 10/31/06. Further rumors contend word of a summer 2006 tour. But there is no official confirmation of any of this show news, and at least one source denies that such events are being planned - though does not deny the possiblity of a reunion. As indicated by Trey in recent interviews (that he is "not ruling out playing with Mike, Page and Fish") and in informal conversations (that they are "working on logistics of a Phish comeback") suggest that a reunion is inevitable, though perhaps not imminent."

dmc

If they come back...
I hope they still don't suck like they did at the end..

That being said... I'd go...

Vortex

I saw something on DNC about Phish in that time fame. I thought I saw MSG on Halloween and the spectrum before that. I sure I had it backwards.
I have no interest in either date or event.

Phil and Friends is where I go mostly.

Phil and Friends is mentioned for Bonaroo.

Just to old for that sized crowd these days.

Looks like Bobby's tour is setting up. Hampton Beach and Bost probably all I care about for that run. www.ratdog.org

Vortex

dmc said:
If they come back...

being one of the those over moderating moderators. :wink: I'll let this go.

GD thread anyway. We have an other music thread. Doug what is going on with your band these days?

dmc

Bob R said:
dmc said:
If they come back...

GD thread anyway. We have an other music thread. Doug what is going on with your band these days?

Sorry - just adding my .02... Phish was a band I discovered during my Jerry sucks period...

My band(Third Rail) is playing this weekend at Hunter.. ONeils(7PM tp 11PM)

Started another band a couple weeks ago - going to play all funk.. Got a DJ in the mix...Debuting at the Latitude 42 event at Hunter.. Playing on the outside stage at 5:00 2/11.. Ultimate goal is to play the Mountain Jam at Hunter ths June..

Vortex

Doug I thought you post was cool in the announcement file.
No issue here.
Just having fun. I never made it to mountain Jam last year. I did appreciate the invite. Maybe I'll get out there this year.... and I never got Phish. Glad others did.

ChileMass

dmc said:
Bob R said:
dmc said:
If they come back...

Sorry - just adding my .02... Phish was a band I discovered during my Jerry sucks period...

The Dead did suck at the end....IMHO they were washed up after about 1991..... :blink:

dmc

Bob R said:
Doug I thought you post was cool in the announcement file.
No issue here.
Just having fun. I never made it to mountain Jam last year. I did appreciate the invite. Maybe I'll get out there this year.... and I never got Phish. Glad others did.

Jerry once said "The Grateful Dead is like licorice - you either like it or you don't"

I feel that way about music - and specifically Phish.. I like (old) Phish cause they play to my influences.. Which isn't so strange - because Trey grew up in NJ and is the same age as me..

Come to Mt Jam - stay at my house!!! Rumours are flying right now about who's playing..

Also - thinking about Bonaroo...

Vortex

Thankx for the invite.

When it is and who play's would make a difference.

Bonnaroo just too big too far.

I did my share of GD stadium shows and I did the Highgate Dead thing. Events that big just are not my thing any more.

Fair weather music tour guy these days. I do have tickets for 8 Phil and friends shows in Feb though. I guess it matters again who plays where and when.

thanks keep me posted.

dmc

Bob R said:
Thankx for the invite.

When it is and who play's would make a difference.

June 3rd - So far i hear Spearhead is booked - rumours include Mule, Phil and Friends, Trey Anistasio.

And of course my band... :)