• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

BeanoNYC

taul said:
3/17 Tea Leaf Green (My new favorite band in the universe)

Shoot an email or a PM if you ever have any questions about shows.

You can say that again! What a great sound they have. I was turned on to them by Sirus' "Jam On" channel and have been downloading their shows from Archive.org. Check em out guys. My favorite Jam is "The Garden III" Their keyboards are awsome. Welcome Taul, and don't be a stranger.

BeanoNYC

Yep! I'm looking forward to it, Bob! I should see you around 4:30. What line will you be coming in from on Amtrak? If I get in before you, I'll wait in the terminal at Penn Station for you.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
I'll be in at 2.45. Any suggestion on a local bar?

I typicall don't go out in Midtown. The only place that comes to mind that is decent is The Ginger Man on 36th between 5th and Madison. They have an excellent Beer and Scotch Menu. It's a walk from Penn Station but not too far. Otherwise you can just grab any old bar and I'll find you. I'll ask around.

DMC...Will you be around on Friday?

Vortex

I'll just find a bar. mixed reviews on last night show from what I read. Doug enjoy. I still have a Tues providence and a Friday Phili if anyone needs a ticket.

dmc

BeanoNYC said:
DMC...Will you be around on Friday?

Nope..
Headed back to the hills tomorrow after work... Probably won't be back in the city until next month for a couple Allman Bros shows...

I'd be willing to meet up in the City some day.. Tues and Weds are good...

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
I'll just find a bar.
You'll have no problem doing that in Manhattan. All in midtown are safe and friendly. DMC .... Weekdays don't work well for this teacher. Just keep me posted on when you'll be in and I'll let you know If I can meet up.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
I was just hoping to find a bar near the venue.

Probably about 20 within a minutes walk, Bob. Remember, Madison Square Garden is right at Penn Station. Like I said, I don't usually keep myself to the East and West Village, but when I do go out in Midtown, there is no problem finding a friendly drinking establishment.

Vortex

I don't have the map gene. I'll seek out the venue and then a close bar. Your info builds confidence BeanoNYC. I put up a post on DNC to see if there were any suggestions where people were hanging pre show.

dmc

Good show last night... no special guests..

Passenger rocked!!!

Joan is amazing! Vocals/harmonies tightest I've heard...

Beacon Theatre, NYC 2/15/06

Set 1:
Passenger> Jam>
Doin' That Rag
Stagger Lee> Jam>
Mr Charlie
The Hardest Part(RA tune, Joan singing)>
The Weight
Cosmic Charlie

Set 2:
Space> Jam>
Shakedown Street>
New Speedway Boogie
Cats Under The Stars> Jam>
Magnolia Mountain> Jam>
Uncle John's Band> Jam>
Morning Dew
Truckin'>
Golden Road

Donor Rap/Intros (by Rob)

Encore:
I Am The Walrus

Vortex

I'm hoping for the Golden road again this weekend. Thankx for taking the time DMC.
Phil still has the voice thing I see. Kind of funny. Many think that has been a problem for years.

dmc

Bob R said:
I'm hoping for the Golden road again this weekend. Thankx for taking the time DMC.
Phil still has the voice thing I see. Kind of funny. Many think that has been a problem for years.

Golden road was great!

Vortex

BeanoNYC, I left you a voice mail on where and when to meet. Molly wee's 34th and 8th. Probably just hang there if its raining. Heard the food was okay also.

Vortex

A few nights Rob has been doing the into's cause Phil lost his voice. Many Chuckles about that. All I need is someone to buy my extra providence and I will make out alright.

I'm so itching to go. There is an after show tomorrow night. Its an all star band at BB Kings place, doing that also. Only thing left to do is (a small bit of over planning maybe) Smile, Smile,Smile.