• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

dmc

Put in for Phish MO... Looking to go to SPAC/Hartford/Jones Beach....

Stoked... :)

Vortex

Jones beach is now such an awful venue unless your down in front. It was better when they used to have the moat without that grotesque upper deck! I'd consider the ballpark I've never seen a show there. SPAC rocks.

I have a buddy who was a marketing vp. I used to sit I think in the NBC box. Plenty of space and I could buy beer in the tent. Made it a nicer vibe.

deadheadskier

Staff member
just Saturday SPAC for us. Hopefully we get in on the pre-order

though rumor has them doing an east coast festival late August after Jones Beach.

Vortex

"I had a buddy who lived in piermont. I use to drive by this place on the way to his house. This is where they have those mid evil festivasl I think. DSO is at Hampton beach for the two nights prior.

Thank you for the head up. I'll look into this one.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
"I had a buddy who lived in piermont. I use to drive by this place on the way to his house. This is where they have those mid evil festivasl I think. DSO is at Hampton beach for the two nights prior.

Thank you for the head up. I'll look into this one.

Yeah, I live about 35 mins from there..might have to try to get a day off from the wife for some local live outdoor music.

I'm also hitting up one of the God Street Wine benefit/reunion shows at Irving Plaza:

http://www.godstreetwine.com/

The Gramercy Theater shows sold out quickly so they added Irving plaza the weekend after.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Did anyone see this? Looks pretty cool...and its at a ski area. :) The old sterling forest.

http://www.createavibe.com/

too bad that festival conflicts with Strangecreek.

http://www.wormtown.com/strangecreek/index.html

I've been going to Strangecreek for 6 years in a row. My favorite festival I've ever been too.

4kish people, definitely a party, but mellow enough for families / kids as well.

Perfect venue with camping in the woods. music each day from Noon until 5AM. Most of the acts are on the smaller side, but you often catch talent that gets 'big' so to speak later on in their careers.

Almost everyone I know who goes likes Strangecreek better than Gathering of the Vibes, Allgood, Mountain Jam, you name it and returns every year.

BeanoNYC

Got news about Phish tickets yesterday. SPAC yes, Jones Beach no. I live 15 minutes from JB, so I should be able to come across some tix. If not I'll jump on a friends boat and catch it from the Bay. To be honest, I see too many students at local shows. I'm better off on the Great South Bay.

crimson, white and indigo

pre-ordered my copy of the official release of 7/7/89 from amazon...ended up being several dollars cheaper than from the official website...i am excited for this as a 16 y/o SMH was in attendance this day and it was literally and figuratively hot as hell...the video snippet of ramble on rose available on dead dot net only further-ed my anticipation